This article is about the Hunter creature. For the weapon, see Black salamander.
|Location||Level 20 Wilderness|
|Preferred bait||Harralander tar|
|Examine||Slightly slimy and somewhat menacing.|
A Black salamander is a creature that can be caught using the Hunter skill once a player has reached level 67 in hunting. The black salamander hunting area is located in the Wilderness, northeast of the southern Chaos Temple and east of the Bone Yard. When caught, it becomes a Black salamander weapon, similar to a flamethrower which can use all three styles of combat.
What to bringEdit
- A net (one per trap you wish to set up)*
- A rope (one per trap you wish to set up)*
- Some form of teleportation
- Some Harralander tar (Bait - although it is not essential)
- Some food (In case you are attacked by a player killer)
- A torch and a tinderbox.
* There is a limit on how many traps you can use. Hunters with a level of 60+ may have 4 traps, and hunters with a level of 80+ may have 5 traps set up at once.
How to catch Black salamandersEdit
- Go to the Black salamanders hunting spot.
- Right click "set trap" on a young tree.
- Use your harralander tar on the trap. (Optional, you can hunt salamanders without this ingredient.)
- (Optional) Light your torch, and use it on the trap. This is done to reduce your scent, slightly increasing your chance of catching a salamander.
- Stand back, and wait until your traps are full.
- Collect your salamanders, and repeat.