This article is about the monster only. For the history and organisation concerning the Black Knights, see Kinshra.
- Black knights may be confused with the similarly named Dark warriors.
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Combat level||44, 56|
|XP per kill||51 (and 16.8 experience)|
|Examine text||A dark-hearted knight.|
'Black Knights are medium level humans found mainly in and around their fortress. They are central to the Black Knights' Fortress. Black Knights are some of the oldest non-player characters in RuneScape. When the game was first released, Black Knights were the strongest foes in RuneScape at level 46. There were only three Black Knights in RuneScape at that time.
That is no longer true, though they remain more difficult opponents than their level suggests. Players who are so inclined can kill them for points after completing the Wanted! quest. Each Black Knight killed raises players' White knight rank, which in turn allows the purchase of additional White Knight Equipment from Sir Vyvin. The black knight location within Taverley Dungeon is ideal for gaining these kills.
An easy method of killing them in F2P and P2P is to kill them near the Black Knights' Fortress, using a fast and high-hitting weapon, and good melee armour, or use magic and take cover at one of the safespots. When at low life you just go to the Monastery, and be healed by the monks, then go back. If you have 43 prayer you can also use protect from melee when at low life, and heal and recharge at the Monastery.
- Black Knights' Fortress
- South of Draynor Village (not aggressive)
- North of Varrock in area south of the wilderness wall. (not aggressive)
- In Taverley Dungeon, in the black knights headquarters (members only)
- Port Sarim's prison, behind the bars of the cell. This Black Knight only drops bones. (not aggressive)
- South-west area of the Lava Maze in the wilderness.
- North East of Varrock in the Jolly Boar Inn (not aggressive)
- North Of Edgeville (not aggressive)
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 83
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 10,176 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Iron sword 1 Common 17 Iron full helm 1 Common 34 Steel mace 1 Common 42 Black full helm 1 Rare 407 Mithril arrow 3 Uncommon 63 Black 2h sword 1 Rare 992 Black sword 1 Rare 244
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mind rune 2,9 Uncommon 8–36 Earth rune 10 Uncommon 90 Body rune 9 Uncommon 36 Cosmic rune 7 Uncommon 1,057 Chaos rune 4,6 Uncommon 164–246 Death rune 2 Uncommon 186 Law rune 3,4 Uncommon 537–716 Nature rune 6 Rare 666
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Common 539 Grimy marrentill 1 Common 44 Grimy tarromin 1 Common 249 Grimy harralander 1 Common 652 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,160 Grimy irit 1 Uncommon 1,743 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,171 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,471 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 2,507 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 7,733 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 8,019
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Potato seed 4 Uncommon 8 Onion seed 4 Uncommon 8 Cabbage seed 4 Rare 12 Tomato seed 3 Rare 3 Sweetcorn seed 3 Rare 3 Strawberry seed 2,3 Rare 718–1,077 Watermelon seed 2 Rare 4,020
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 1–500 Common Not sold Steel bar 1 Common 756 Pot of flour 1 Common 112 Bread 1 Uncommon 156 Tin ore 1 Uncommon 46 Uncut emerald 1 Rare 1,783 Uncut ruby 1 Rare 3,576 Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy (m) 1 Very rare Not sold
Rare drop table drops(m)Edit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- The organization "Kinshra" may be based off the Hindu god Krishna and the Sanskrit word krsna because they both mean black.
- It was once possible to imitate a Black Knight by equipping a set of black armour, substituting the helmet with a heraldic helmet, the boots with mime boots or vyrewatch shoes, and using black gloves, black gauntlets or gloves of silence.
- After an graphical update, black armours have changed their appearances but not the black knight.
- In RuneScape, Black Knights use black longswords and have red plumes. However, in the RuneScape-based FunOrb game 'Armies of Gielinor', they wield black two handed swords and have different coloured plumes.
- The Black Knight's plume on his helmet is always red; this is in contrast the White Knight's plume which represents the knights rank, but it is said that Elite Black Armour could be the black knight's ranking.
- When non-aggressive Black Knights attack, they make the same sound as a longsword. On the other hand, aggressive knights, such as those in the Black Knights' Fortress and the Wilderness, use the same sound that was formerly used by a two-handed sword on Chop or Slash. A hidden update changed this and they now use the same sound effects regardless of aggression.
- Black Knights used to drop a pile of flour on the ground. This could only be picked up if a player had a pot in their inventory, resulting in the usual Pot of Flour.
- The longsword graphic update has changed the colouring on their swords to look like the new Black Longswords.
- The Black Knights in and near Black Knight's Fortress will not drop charms.
- In Armies of Gielinor, their boots seem to be black snakeskin boots.
- Black Knights are among the few NPCs to have more than one capital letter in their name. If Jagex had followed their common name structure, "Black Knight" would look like "Black knight".
- The Black Knight in Port Sarim jail has a lowercased k in 'knight.'
- It is said that in the RuneScape Official Handbook, Black Knights weigh over 300 pounds and also says that the 300 pounds is almost all muscle. This is most likely hyperbole.
- Black Knights are still aggressive when players disguise themselves as fortress guards, even if they hold the same weapon and shield as one of the guards, suggesting they abuse them for their low rank within the Kinshra organisation.
- Black Knights killed by the Dwarf multicannon may add towards your White Knight rank.
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|None||Strongest monster in RuneScape||Moss giant|