|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||22 coins|
|Low alch||15 coins|
|Exchange||941 coins (info)|
|A bittercap mushroom|
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Fungal mages||116||1||Very rare|
Obtaining bittercap mushroomsEdit
It may be grown from a bittercap mushroom spore (taking up to 240 minutes to grow) by players with level 53 Farming in the mushroom patch near Canifis and in the patch in Isafdar. This may yield up to six mushrooms. Players with at least 74 farming are advised against planting these, as growing Morchella mushrooms are far more profitable.
Mushrooms are also dropped, one to three at a time, by cockroach soldiers. They are an uncommon drop.
Mushrooms do not usually trade very quickly. One counter-example was on 3 December 2009, when Jagex introduced fairy ring with code B•J•Q in the Ancient Cavern that must be planted with 5 mushrooms in order to function. This caused the mushrooms to sell extremely quickly around that time.
- They can be used to make fried mushrooms for baked potatoes.
- Eight mushrooms may be used to pay a farmer to look after a whiteberry bush.
- Four mushrooms are the main ingredient for brewing Moonlight Mead.
- Five mushrooms are used to activate the fairy ring in the Ancient Cavern.
- The value of one Mushroom in Mobilising Armies is 8 Investment Credits.
- Mushrooms may be added to a compost bin to make supercompost (requiring 15 mushrooms, or a combination of supercompost items).
- Harvesting a bittercap mushroom is required for the "Fun Guy But Bitter" task in the medium Morytania tasks list.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||41.7%|
|Farming||Bittercap • Morchella|
|Dungeoneering||Edicap • Gissel|
|Other||Mushrooms • Gorajian • Mort myre fungus • Button • Black|
|Fruit tree produce||