- This article is about the random event. For the construction item, see Big fish (player-owned house).
- For the random event in the Fish Flingers activity, see Big Fish.
The Big fish is a discontinued random event. While fishing, a large fish would sometimes appear in a fishing spot and eat the player's fishing equipment, then spit it somewhere nearby, usually 3 to 10 squares away. When this happened, the player had to find their equipment quickly before someone else saw it and took it or it would disappear. When the player had found the equipment, then they could go back to fishing. When this event happened, the fishing spot would usually move to a new location as well. The Big Fish was discontinued as part of the 25 February 2009 Random Event update.
- If the player used the Barbarian Fishing method for Harpooning, this event would not occur.
- The Posh fountain built using Construction has two of models of these fish on it spraying water from their mouths.
- The examine text for the big fish was 'I can see fishes swimming in the water' which was the examine text for a fishing spot. It is unknown if this was a glitch or not.
Bee keeper • Cap'n Arnav's Chest • Certer • Drill Demon • Evil Bob • Evil Twin • Freaky Forester • Kiss the frog • Gravedigger • Lost and Found • Maze • Mime • Pillory • Pinball • Prison Pete • Quiz Master • Sandwich lady • Surprise Exam • Big fish • Candlelight • Dr. Ford • Drunken Dwarf • Ent • Evil Chicken • Exploding rock • Jekyll and Hyde • Lost Pirate • Poison Gas • Rick Turpentine • River troll • Rock Golem • Security Guard • Shade • Strange plant • Swarm • Tangle Vine • Tree spirit • Watchman • Whirlpool • Zombie