|Release date||5 May 2004 (Update)|
|High Alch||48 coins|
|Low Alch||32 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price|| Black:|
|Examine|| Parlez-vous français? |
(Do you speak French?)
Berets are items obtained from Level 1 Treasure trails or by trading with other players. They provide no combat bonuses and are purely for show. They come in black, white and blue. Black berets can now be attached to a Mime mask by talking to Patchy on Mos'Le Harmless for a price of 500 coins.
In June 2009, the White Beret's price saw an increase of around 200%. This is due to Jagex fixing the glitch which caused people to turn bald when they equipped the berets.
- The updated player 'kit' or new wardrobe and hairstyles caused wearing a beret to make a player have the short haircut. (This initially causing prices to decline, which has now reversed.) Upon closely searching, when reporting a graphics bug on the RuneScape homepage, Jagex had added a box stating not to report about berets. They had also stated why they hadn't fixed them yet, apparently to fix berets, they had to re-do every single hat in the game. They also stated that members of the staff were trying to come up with a way around such. Prices went up when they were fixed.
- It seems that in Tutorial Island the RuneScape tutor is wearing a red beret (which doesn't exist in the game). Both of the Grand Exchange Tutors appear to be wearing berets as well.
- The berets' examine text, "Parlez-vous Francais?", is French for "Do you speak French?"; in the French version, the text is changed to "Il ne manque plus que la baguette et le litre du vin" (The only thing missing is a baguette and a litre of wine).
- The Silk Merchant in Ardougne square also wears a Purple Beret (which doesn't exist in the game).
- There is a gambler in the rat pits of Falador wearing a Pink Beret (which doesn't exist in the game).
Treasure Trails rewards
|Armour and Weapons||
|Bob the Cat shirts|