|Release||13 July 2015 (Update)|
|Alive: At least as blind as a bat. Studies suggest more so.|
Dead: Even in death he looks angry.
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|60 / 40 / 20|
6 ticks (3.6s)
Beastmaster Durzag is the first boss of the Liberation of Mazcab raid. He is an airut who has amassed powers greater than an airut normally would, along with the Shaman, according to the Fifth stone fragment.
Beastmaster Durzag can be looted once every 2 days for rewards including the superior versions of Teralith, Primeval and Tempest equipment. Starting the encounter requires challengers to form a raid group with the Grouping System to enter the instance.
Killing Beastmaster Durzag for the first time grants 250 reputation with the goebies.
Beastmaster Durzag does not appear in the fight initially; players must first free the goebie in the middle of the arena to start the fight. Once freed, a wave of enemies consisting of Chargers, Airuts, along with Cormes, one of Durzag's pets, will attack the group. Once all of them are cleared, Durzag will appear with one of his pets, either Krar or Tuz, before he calls for the other one. Chargers will also appear in small pens when this happens; the pens can be opened to fight the Chargers before they swarm at nearby players when they are all released at once by Durzag.
Krar and Tuz should be separated from Durzag, to reduce the amount of damage Durzag can deal.
Every wall also has a broken gong in it, which can be repaired; however it takes a while to construct when doing it alone. When Durzag is nearby, it can be rung one time only, decreasing his accuracy for a while and will deplete much of the player's prayer points at the same time.
Occasionally, he throws bombs, mobile explosives which follow a player before exploding. They deal 2,000 magic damage to nearby players upon explosion, and reset all defensive abilities.
|One more couldn't hurt...||Defeat Durzag without killing Cormes|
|Prison Break||Have at least one Goebie survive the fight with Durzag|
|Day at the Pound||Defeat Durzag without opening any of the charger cages in the arena walls|
|Animal Cruelty||Have Durzag deal the killing blow to both Tuz and Krar|
|Gong maintenance expert||Defeat Durzag with all gongs repaired but unused|
When Beastmaster Durzag is killed, its corpse remains and acts as a reward coffer to collect the drops. Durzag has several drop tables that are rolled on to constitute the loot. Airut bones are always received, the consumable table is always rolled, summoning charms are commonly received, and tertiary drops may be received. If the unique drops table rolls either a Mazcab ability codex or piece of achto equipment, the main drop will not be received. If the unique drops table rolls Teci, the main drop table will be rolled multiple times.
|Saradomin brew (4)||5–8||Common||48,125–77,000|
|Super restore (4)||5–8||Common||33,580–53,728|
|Ascendri bolts (e)||25||Uncommon||246,425|
|Razorback gauntlets||1||Very rare[r 1][r 2]||1,587,854|
|Grimy dwarf weed||44–59||Uncommon||114,752–153,872|
|Hydrix bolt tips||33||Uncommon||311,388|
- ^ The drop rate for obtaining razorback gauntlets is 1 in 500.
- ^ 1,000 Loots From Raids - RuneScape Loot Video.*
Only one burial charm may drop at a time. Lil' Tuzzy cannot be received if the player has already unlocked it. The burial charm table, effigy table, and pet table are not linked - a player may receive drops from one, two, all three or neither.
|Small goebie burial charm||1||Common||Not sold|
|Goebie burial charm||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Lil' Tuzzy||1||Very rare[d 1][d 2]||Not sold|
|Durzag's helmet||1||Rare[d 3][d 4]||Not sold|
|Ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- ^ The droprate for obtaining Lil' Tuzzy is 1 in 512.
- ^ 1,000 Loots From Raids - RuneScape Loot Video.*
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/300 with a threshold of 60. This item drops directly to the backpack if possible; the bank otherwise.
- ^ Mod William. "Patch Notes - 20/02." 17 February 2017. Recent Game Updates Forums.
Beastmaster Durzag can only drop one item from this table. If no armour piece is dropped, the player will receive teci.
The drop rate of any piece of Achto Primeval, Tempest, or Teralith equipment is doubled if the respective non-achto equipment piece is purchased from the Goebie Armoursmith. For example, buying the Teralith Helm will double the chance of getting the Achto Teralith Helm.
A player that owns all fifteen pieces of achto equipment may continue to receive achto armour as drops with the following changes to drop mechanics:
- Achto armour doubles the chance of receiving a duplicate of that item. In other words, owning the Achto Teralith Helm will double the chance of getting another Achto Teralith Helm, and owning the non-achto Teralith Helm is no longer beneficial.
- The drop order is no longer enforced. For example, it is possible to receive a second Achto Teralith Helm, followed by a second Achto Teralith Platebody.
Otherwise, armour is gained from Beastmaster Durzag in the following order: Boots > Gloves > Helm > Legs > Body.
Progressing in the drop order requires collecting all three of the previous equipment slot's achto equipment - so in order to receive an Achto Primeval robe top, they would have to get all Achto Tempest, Primeval and Teralith boots, gloves, helm and legs. The first achto equipment gained from each equipment slot is based on the combat style the player dealt the most damage with during the kill they obtained that armour.
Durzag's boot drop chance is higher than Yakamaru's.
|Achto Primeval Mask||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval robe top||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval robe legs||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval Gloves||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Primeval Boots||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Cowl||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Body||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Chaps||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Gloves||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Tempest Boots||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Helmet||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Cuirass||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Leggings||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Gauntlets||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Achto Teralith Boots||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Mazcab ability codex||1||Uncommon[m 1][m 2]||12,465,169|
- Durzag's examine references the cliche "As blind as a bat". His blindness comes into play in the fight mechanics as he loses accuracy when his pets cannot guide him towards the enemy and when the gongs impair his hearing.
- Durzag's drop table, along with Yakamaru's, was greatly increased after player complaints of the rewards being too low for having to wait 2 days to be able to loot again.
- After Beastmaster Durzag has been defeated in a Raid, the Pit of Trials may be converted into the Goebie Volleyball Distraction and Diversion.
- The late Beastmaster Durzag has 1,000,000 life points.
- Prior to the patch notes of 18 July 2016, if Durzag died near the corners, it was possible for him to push the player(s) out of the Pit of Trials.
|Abilities & Codex||