|Release||17 July 2017 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your event currency? You cannot reclaim it and your daily gathering limit will not be reset.|
|On death||Always kept|
|Examine||The finest of sand, suitable for beaches.|
Beach sand is a currency that players will find during the Build A Beach event. They can be gathered every 3 minutes when gaining experience through skilling and killing monsters, as well as by completing daily challenges. Mining and Construction provide 20% more sand than other skills. They can then be handed in at Reyna in Lumbridge Crater to progress the event bar for the following rewards:
|Part||Total Beach sand|
|Beach Sand Cape||1,000|
|Beach Sand Outfit sabatons||2,500|
|Beach Sand Outfit gauntlets||5,000|
|Beach Sand Outfit legguards||7,500|
|Beach Sand Outfit chestplate||10,000|
|Beach Sand Outfit helmet||12,500|
|Ring of sand||15,000|
Beach sand can be stored in the currency pouch to save bank and inventory space. When handing them in to Reyna, the collected sand is taken directly from there instead of from the inventory.
After the event ended, players with beach sand remaining saw the following message upon logging in: You have until the 3rd of August to use your beach sand before it disappears!
- Mining or Construction: 25–33
- All other non-combat skills: 22–27
- Killing monsters: 25–30
- Daily challenges: 74–107
- Extended daily challenges: 148–180
Alternatively, sand can be bought for RuneCoins on the Seasonal Event interface's Shop tab:
|Sand||RuneCoins||Sand per RuneCoin||Price in terms of bonds|
When a player receives beach sand, they are notified with one of the following messages:
- You find X Beach sand and place them in your bank. (When there is no space in inventory and there is no beach sand in currency pouch.)
- You find X Beach sand and place them in your inventory. (When there is space and there is no beach sand in currency pouch.)
- You find X Beach sand. They are added to your currency pouch. (When there is beach sand in currency pouch.)
Ironman players can obtain beach sand just like regular players, but they cannot convert them into mystery boxes or open any mystery boxes.
- Despite having no daily limit, the option to buy limit extenders is visible, however trying to buy one prompts a message stating "As this event has no gathering limit, this item cannot be purchased."