This article is about the basic item. For other uses, see Battlestaff (disambiguation).
|Release date||18 March 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||4,200 coins|
|Low Alch||2,800 coins|
|Store price|| 7,000 coins|
(Naff, Baba Yaga)
|Exchange price||7,796 coins (info)|
|Examine||It's a slightly magical stick.|
A Battlestaff is a members-only staff which boosts Magic. It requires 30 Attack and Magic to wield. Mostly, though, it is useful in making elemental battlestaves. By using the appropriate (earth, water, fire, air) charge orb spell on an Obelisk with an Unpowered orb in your inventory, you can make an elemental orb, which you can then attach to the top of the battlestaff. Then, you can take it to Thormac (if you've done Scorpion Catcher) to make a mystic staff for 40,000 coins. Visually the battlestaff is identical to the staff and the dramen staff, although the battlestaff holds better stats. If combined with orb of Armadyl, it can be made into an armadyl battlestaff (must have completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat and have 77 Crafting).
|[view] • [talk]|
Battlestaves can be bought from:
- You can purchase battlestaves on the Grand Exchange (limit of 100 every 4 hours)
- Baba Yaga's Magic Shop on Lunar Isle (20 in stock every 24 hours)
- The Mage Training Arena
- Naff's Knockoff Staves in Varrock for 7,000 coins. The amount a player can purchase depends on how much progress has been made in the Varrock Tasks, and they will be noted:
|Naff's Knockoff Staves in stock per day|
|Varrock Tasks Complete||#||Profit|
|No Diary Complete||8||6,368|
|Varrock Easy Diary||16||12,736|
|Varrock Medium Diary||32||25,472|
|Varrock Hard Diary||64||50,944|
|Varrock Elite Diary||80||63,680|
The RuneScape day begins at 00:00 GMT.
- It is also possible to obtain a battlestaff as a reward from eclectic implings in the Impetuous Impulses minigame, or from silver chests in the Shades of Mort'ton minigame.
- It is also possible to obtain 200 noted battlestaves as a drop from any monster which gives access to the rare drop table, you DO NOT need to be wearing a ring of wealth to gain access to this.
Dropping monsters Edit
Levels 1 to 74 Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Locust rider 68,98,106 1 Common Skeleton mage 83,16 1 Common Cockroach worker 56 1(m) Uncommon Otherworldly being 64 1 Uncommon Scarab mage 66,93,107 1 Uncommon TzHaar-Hur 74 1 Uncommon
Levels 75 to 99 Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Scarab mage 66,93,107 1 Uncommon Ankou 75, 82, 86 1 Uncommon Locust rider 68,98,106 1 Rare Elite dark mage 79 1 Rare Skeleton mage 83,16 1 Rare Locust ranger 98 1 Rare
Levels 100 and above Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Scarab mage 66,93,107 1 Rare Angry barbarian spirit 166 1 Rare Dagannoth Prime 156 1–10 (noted) Rare Locust rider 68,98,106 1 Very rare Locust lancer 109 5 Very rare Skeleton heavy 132 1 Very rare Skeleton hero 149 1 Very rare Ferocious barbarian spirit 166 1 Very rare
Ahrim's • Ancient Enhanced • Blisterwood • Broken • Caitlin's • Dominion • Dragon battlestaff • Dramen • Iban's • Lunar • MindspikeTower • Penance trident Master • Pharaoh's sceptre Sceptre of the gods • Polypore • Rod of ivandis • Sacred clay • Skull sceptre • Slayer's • Staff of armadyl • Staff of light • StarfireStarfury • Third-age druidic • Toktz-mej-tal • Wizards' Tower • Zuriel's corrupt