|War of 164|
|Mid-Wintumber, Year 164 of the Fifth Age|
|Ice Mountain dwarves, Faladian envoy||Goblins, wolves|
|Commander Blenheim, Kara-Meir, Squire Theodore, Gar'rth, Doric||Unknown|
|Handful of Dwarven Black Guard footsoldiers and adventurers||Handful of goblins, some mounted on wolves|
|Siege of Falador|
The Battle of the Glacier is an event depicted in the first RuneScape novel, Betrayal at Falador. The battle was a small skirmish between the dwarves of the Ice Mountain Dwarven Colony and the goblin tribes of nearby Asgarnia (excluding the Thorobshuun and Garagorshuun). The battle was fought on Ice Mountain, near the entrance to the dwarven colony.
The battle was won by the Dwarven Black Guard, although not without the aid of several Asgarnian soldiers seeking an alliance between the Dwarven Realm and Asgarnia. The threat of further conflict eventually led to the dwarves' decision to aid in the war, their troops a deciding factor in the war's culmination at the Siege of Falador.
The following events happen in the battle (in a nutshell)
- The protagonists climb Ice Mountain
- Dwarves and goblins are seen in conflict
- The protagonists continue and contribute to the cause
- Gar'rth defeats the goblin leader, who was riding a wolf, by pushing both off a cliff
- Witnessing the courage of Gar'rth, the enemy flees to avoid the same fate
- Castimir and the dwarven black guard catch up to the enemy, still fleeing, and slaughter them all
- The protagonists from Falador discuss an alliance with the Black Guard
- After some thought and consent of the dwarven council of elders, the black guard finally agrees to align.