The Alfred Grimhand bar crawl is a miniquest that is required to be completed in order to gain access to the Barbarian Outpost, where it is considered a "rite of passage". To complete it, you must trek around various bars and pubs in RuneScape, drinking a specialty drink, having them sign off a supplied barcrawl card.
|Start point:||Speak to the Barbarian Guard at the entrance of the Barbarian Agility Training Course.|
|Length:||Medium (Short if the Grand Tree quest is completed and the Lodestone Network is unlocked)|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
|Enemies to defeat:||None|
To begin, talk to one of the barbarian guards outside the agility training area at the Barbarian Outpost to get the barcrawl card. While doing the bar crawl, you'll be given a bar crawl card with a list of all the bars you have to visit. Each one will be checked off when you've found it and drank the specific brew required. If you lose the card, you'll have to start the entire miniquest all over again.
You'll need to tell the barkeepers that you're doing the bar crawl and they will give you what you need. The brews are very strong, though, causing some damage as well as some steep temporary drops in stats. The entire trip will cost around 210 coins, plus money for runes/tablets and boat trips to Karamja. Once you have every line of the card signed, return it to one of the guards at the Barbarian Outpost .
Visiting the barsEdit
You can visit the bars in any order. The amount of damage dealt by the damaging drinks is dependent on your Constitution level.
|Blue Moon Inn||
|Uncle Humphrey's Gutrot||55||Lowers Attack, Defence, Strength, and Smithing and up to 20 life points. Makes you throw up.(makes you say Blearrgh!)|
1st floor of the Grand Tree
|Fire Toad Blast||10||Lowers up to 70 life points.|
|Dead Man's Chest||Brimhaven (South-west of the Agility Arena)||Supergrog||15||Lowers Attack, Defence, Herblore, Cooking and Prayer. Causes double vision.|
|Dragon Inn||Yanille||Fire Brandy||12||Lowers Attack and Defence. Blurs vision.|
|Flying Horse Inn||Ardougne (west of the North Bank)||Heart Stopper||8||Lowers life points by about 20-30% of your total. Makes your eyes water.|
|Forester's Arms||Seers' Village||Liverbane Ale||18||Lowers Attack, Defence, Fletching, Firemaking, and Woodcutting. Causes dizziness.|
|Jolly Boar Inn||Varrock (next to the Lumber Yard)||Olde Suspiciouse||10||Lowers Attack, Defence, Mining, Crafting, Magic, Strength and Mining. Makes your head spin.|
|Karamja Spirits Bar||Musa Point||Ape Bite Liqueur||7||Lowers Attack and Defence.|
|Rising Sun||Falador||Hand of Death Cocktail||70||Lowers Attack, Defence, Ranged, and Fishing. Lowers up to 200 life points. Makes the screen shake slightly for between 2–5 seconds.|
|Rusty Anchor||Port Sarim||Black Skull Ale||8||Blurs vision. Causes hiccups.|
One of the faster ways to do this requires between 208 and 468 coins and uses the lodestone network for most travel. If you can't teleport to Varrock, take a hatchet with you to make a canoe to go from Lumbridge to Varrock. The games necklace, the Ardougne cloak, fairy rings, and the explorer's ring 3 may be useful if you have not unlocked all the lodestones in the lodestone network.
- (Home Teleport to Al Kharid then take the Gnome Glider to the Tree Gnome Stronghold, if you can), teleport using a Grand seed pod , or run to the Tree Gnome Stronghold, go to the 1st floor[ of the ]Grand Tree, and get the drink from Blurberry's Bar.
- Home Teleport to Seer's Village, and then visit the Forester's Arms.
- Home Teleport to Ardougne, then proceed to the Flying Horse Inn, located south-west of the lodestone.
- Home Teleport to Yanille (you can also use a Ring of Duelling and teleport to Castle Wars, and walk east from there, or use an Ardougne cloak and walk) . Buy a drink from the bar at the south-west part of the city.
- Home Teleport to Port Sarim and proceed to the Rusty Anchor.
- Take the ship to Musa Point and visit the Karamja Spirits Bar.
- Take the charter ship to Brimhaven, or simply run west over the volcano, getting the drink from the Dead Man's Chest.
- Home Teleport to Varrock and visit the Blue Moon Inn.
- Proceed north-east in Varrock to the Jolly Boar Inn. It is just west of the Lumber Yard.
- Home Teleport to Falador, and go to the Rising Sun Inn.
- Return to the Barbarian Outpost, preferably by using a games necklace.
Required for completingEdit
Completion of the Bar Crawl miniquest is required for the following:
- After completing all bar crawl locations, you will be unable to read the bar crawl card as you will be "too drunk"
- After drinking in Brimhaven, it says you think you see two bartenders signing two barcrawl cards.
- After drinking at the Falador pub, your screen will sway slightly to indicate you are drunk.
- None of the drinks appear in a player's inventory but are drank automatically