A bank chest is an interactive scenery item that allows quick access to a player's bank account, usually found in remote locations or places where a normal bank would not fit. Like any other banking facility it is indicated with a bank icon (). Bank chests can be found in the following locations:
- Ashdale Caves (Dead Man's Chest)
- Black Knights' Fortress
- Blast Furnace
- Castle Wars
- Clan Camp
- Combat Academy
- Death's office
- Dominion Tower
- Duel Arena
- Explorer's aura monster and resource caves
- Gamers' Grotto (at Clan Wars)
- Lumbridge Castle (in the cellar after starting Recipe for Disaster, no Collection Box access)
- Neitiznot (no Collection Box access)
- Player-owned ports (only after sufficient minigame progression)
- Shantay Pass
- Soul Wars
- Sinkholes (no Collection Box access)
- Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza lobby
- Lumbridge Crater
- Menaphos (in VIP skilling area and each of the 4 districts only after reaching tier 6 in the corresponding district.)
These chests used to be very popular for training skills at a bank, because they can be opened with a left-click. This advantage was applied to bankers on 17 December 2013, making bankers and chests equally advantageous.
- There once was a banking chest on Dragontooth Island, but Jagex removed this, because a "non-removable bug" was in the bank chest, this bug meant that players would lose anything they put in the bank chest the next day.
- During the 2011 Easter event, the bank chest in the Land of Holly and Hawthorn had "Interest rates have been frozen" as its examine info.