A bank chest is an interactive scenery item that allows quick access to a player's bank account. It is more useful than a bank deposit box since you could take your items out of them. However, when using a bank chest you still need to enter your Bank PIN. Unlike regular bankers however you can't check your PIN settings, collect items from the Grand Exchange, or take out a loaned item through a chest. It is there solely for banking purposes. Like any other banking facility it is indicated with a dollar(). Bank chests can be found in the following locations:
- Lumbridge Castle (cellar)
- Duel Arena
- Castle Wars
- Soul Wars
- Gamers' Grotto (Clan Wars)
- Shantay Pass
- Dominion Tower
- Player-owned ports (only after sufficient minigame progression)
These banks could be very useful for training skills, such as Fletching, Herblore and Crafting, since they only require one click to access them. They lost this advantage after an update which allows player to one-click bank on normal bank desks.
- There once was a banking chest on Dragontooth Island, but Jagex removed this, because a "non-removable bug" was in the bank chest, this bug meant that players would lose anything they put in the bank chest the next day.
- Unlike its counterparts, the bank chest in the Gamers' Grotto has the feature of collecting items from the Grand Exchange.
- During the 2011 Easter event, the bank chest in the Land of Holly and Hawthorn had "Interest rates have been frozen" as its examine info.