|Release date||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||This mystical ore could do with some magical input.|
Bane ore is an ore which can be obtained after completing the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest. It can be mined from a bane ore rock, from the bane ore mine which is located in the Glacor cave. It requires 77 Mining and grants 90 XP per ore.
Varrock armour does not provide the chance to mine double ores, however, the Star Sprite reward from mining a Shooting Star does. Mining urns do fill while bane ore is being mined. It takes 35 ores to fill one Decorated Mining Urn.
The quickest way to access the bane ore mine is by taking the Fairy Ring System. The code to access the bane ore mine is D-K-Q. This teleports you to a cavern filled with Glacors. The bane ore mine is located northeast, through the energy barrier by the entrance to the cave.
After that it can be smelted into a bane bar using any furnace (which requires 77 Smithing), then smithed on the anvils on Kethsi (80 Smithing for arrowheads and 82 for bolts), and then finally fletched into arrows (76 Fletching required) or bolts (80 Fletching required). Bolts made with the various bane ores are made 50 at a time, rather than the usual 10.
The projectiles also require high level equipment to fire from. Arrows can be fired from Magic bows and up and bolts from Rune crossbows and up.
*The mounted heads can be in the player's own house, or in another player's house.
- Upon initial release, Bane Ore was listed as 0 KG. This was changed on 18 September 2011 to 2.2 KG.
- Items used in Tune Bane Ore are the remains from the deceased target monsters.
- Whilst mounted abyssal demon heads and basilisk heads can be used to tune bane ore, mounted King Black Dragon heads cannot.
- 82 Smithing is required to smith the bolts on an anvil, despite the runescape skill guide showing 80, with 82 being needed to add feathers to bolts (unf).
- The smithing of bane ranged weapons CAN be assisted.
- Of the four monsters that bane ore can be tuned to, only Chromatic dragons have a weakness (arrows) that can be exploited by the ammunition made from the ore.
- If players attempt to cast Superheat Item on bane ore without it being tuned first, players will be given the notification You need to cast superheat item on ore. Thus, the game system does not consider bane ore an ore until it has been tuned.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, it was possible to apply weapon poisons to bane bolts and arrows, but only 5 arrows/bolts would be coated from 1 vial.
- Bane ore rocks are black in color, but when mined, the inventory icon is gold.
- In the miniquest Koschei's Troubles, Kharshai reveals that Balmung was actually made from bane ore and then tuned to Dagannoths.
|Standard Metals and Ores|