The Bandos agility course is an Agility course which can be used after completing The Chosen Commander quest. It is a fairly short agility course and can be found in the Bandos' throne room. You need a mithril grapple and a crossbow to complete the course.
Players can return to the throne room after the Chosen Commander by one of two ways:
- Teleporting with a Bandos throne room sphere made by Oldak from two Law runes and one piece of Molten glass.
- Using the Fairy ring code B•L•Q to go to Yu'biusk and opening the strange box to be teleported into the throne room.
60 Agility is required to start the course.
A set of statues, a ledge, and the throne itself make up the agility course in the room, as shown on the diagram. Level 60 Agility, Ranged and Strength along with a mithril grapple and a crossbow (Zanik's crossbow is advised since it has weight 0 kg) are required for the course. The route is the same that you, as Zanik, took in the quest.
To run the course, the player first climbs onto the goblin statue (1 on the diagram) in the middle of the room south west of Ourg Holding Bowl, then jump north to the ork statue (2), south east to the ogre (3), east to the ork (4), east to the ogre (5), north onto the big ourg statue (6) that is holding the bowl in front of the throne. From there, the player jumps north across some more statues (ogre (7), ork (8), and ogre (9)) and onto the north ledge (10). From there, a mithril grapple and a crossbow are used to grapple an ourg statue's spear (11) so that the player can swing onto Bandos' throne (12). Players can jump down from the throne and repeat the course.
|Statue jump (9 times)||2 per jump|
|Grapple||362 125 |
Failure of statues can occur at all Agility levels, however Jump-to Ledge and Grapple Spear don't fail. Damage will be as high as 40 to 60 constitution (there is no specific percentage), so any kind of healing method is recommended. A high level does not reduce the failure rate, judging by reports on the official forums. High-levelled players report they can fail all statues but the Ourg carrying the water bowl seems to be the obstacle failed most often.
It should be noted that the use of a Surefooted Aura prevents any obstacle failures whilst the Aura is active.
A lap around this course takes averagely 35 seconds if no failures occur, making it quick to get a good number of laps in per hour. One could see around 40-45k agility experience per hour if working at a good pace. In addition, a player can gain up to 15k ranged and 15k strength experience per hour.
- On release, the bonus experience for completing the course was 584, but was quickly lowered to 364 with a forums notification from Jagex. The Ranged and Strength experience was reduced from 250 experience to 125 experience as well.
- The training speed was effectively cut by over 60%, making it slower than the Wilderness agility course and drawing many complaints on the forums.
- While doing the Agility Course, if you're at the north ledge, west of there you can see what appears to be the throne room you see as Zanik during the Chosen commander quest (you can even click on "Grapple spear" though there is no response), north of the agility throne room you can see the caved-in cave from the same quest, and west of there you can see the non-caved-in cave .
- There is a graphical glitch where the first circuit of a visit to the course will show the grapple rope, but all circuits thereafter will not.
Agility Pyramid • Ape Atoll • Bandos • Barbarian Outpost • Brimhaven • Burthorpe • Dorgesh-Kaan • Flash Powder Factory • Gnome Ball • Gnome Stronghold • Penguin • Werewolf Agility Course • Werewolf Skullball • Wilderness • Yanille Agility Dungeon