|Release date||4 August 2010 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Horror From The Deep|
|High Alch||600 coins|
|Low Alch||400 coins|
|Store price|| 5,000 coins|
|Examine||The holy book of the Big High War God.|
Bandos' book of war is a book held in place of a shield, and is the God book aligned with Bandos. It can be purchased from Jossik for 5,000 coins. Books of war must be made using all four torn Bandos pages which can be purchased from other players, obtained from treasure trails or by cremating a Vyrewatch. Equipping a book of war allows the player to preach and perform ceremonies, such as blessing, last rites, and wedding rites, by operating it (none of which have any effect on the game itself, and are simply recited lines of text). Lost books of war can be reclaimed at the Lighthouse by speaking to Jossik, complete with all pages that have been added, for no cost.
After completion of One Piercing Note, if the book has all four pages, and you have 60 crafting and 60 prayer, you can use it to create an Illuminated book of war. This grants you 10,000 prayer experience (for the first time this is done only) and leaves you with both the Bandos' book of war and an Illuminated book of war.
Filling the Book of War with all pages currently costs 510,760 coins.
A player wielding bandos' book of war
|[view] • [talk]|
- Big High War God want Great Warriors. Because you can make more, I bind you in Big High War God name.
- You not worthy of Big High War God, you die too easy.
- Big High War God make you strong, so you smash enemies.
- Big High War God say: You not run away from battle, or Big High War God strike you.
- Big High War God say: Good warrior kill enemies, before he get squished.
- Big High War God say: Follow and obey your commander, unless they run away.
- Big High War God say: If you not worthy of Big High War God, you get made dead soon.
- Big High War God say: If your friend get killed, be happy; they were too weak for Big High War God.
- Big High War God say: War is best, Peace is for weak.
|Book of balance|
|Book of law|
|Book of war|
Holy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of balance (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Unholy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Ancient book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of law (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of war (+5) (Illuminated (+8)
Citharede symbol(+8) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+3) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Ancient staff(-1)
(+) Prayer bonus