|Release||4 August 2010 (Update)|
|Quest item||Horror From The Deep|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Examine||The holy book of the Big High War God.|
Bandos's Book of War is a book held in the pocket slot, and is the God book aligned with Bandos. It can be purchased from Jossik for 5,000 coins at the Lighthouse. Books of war must be made using all four torn Bandos pages which can be purchased from other players, obtained from treasure trails or by cremating a Vyrewatch. Equipping a book of war allows the player to preach and perform ceremonies, such as blessing, last rites, and wedding rites, by operating it (none of which have any effect on the game itself, and are simply recited lines of text).
Lost books of war can be reclaimed by speaking to Jossik at the Lighthouse, or from a player-owned house bookcase, complete with all pages that have been added, for 100,000 coins. However, the book will lose all its remaining charges, requiring the player to add additional pages in order to activate the passive effect.
After completion of One Piercing Note, if the book has all four pages, it can be used to create an illuminated book of war. This requires 60 Crafting and 60 Prayer, and grants 10,000 Prayer and 10,000 Crafting experience (for the first time only). The book of war is not consumed in the process.
Filling the Book of War with all pages currently costs 2,940,643 coins.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The book of war can be activated like scrimshaw to provide a passive combat effect. The book can be recharged with any Bandos page, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the illuminated book.
The passive has a 5% chance to activate per hit, and it has a 12 second cooldown once activated before it can activate again. When it activates, a shockwave hits the target, dealing 90-150% damage (PvP: 30-90%), reducing the target's Defence level by 5% + 5 and increasing its affinity values by 3 for 12 seconds.
This is based on General Graardor's hard mode ranged attack.
- Big High War God want Great Warriors. Because you can make more, I bind you in Big High War God name.
- You not worthy of Big High War God, you die too easy.
- Big High War God make you strong, so you smash enemies.
- Big High War God say: You not run away from battle, or Big High War God strike you.
- Big High War God say: Good warrior kill enemies, before he get squished.
- Big High War God say: Follow and obey your commander, unless they run away.
- Big High War God say: If you not worthy of Big High War God, you get made dead soon.
- Big High War God say: If your friend get killed, be happy; they were too weak for Big High War God.
- Big High War God say: War is best, Peace is for weak.
|Illuminated god books||
|Part 2 of the Fremennik quest series|