|Release date||15 December 2009 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Blood Runs Deep|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||If you destroy Balmung, perhaps Chieftain Brundt, Queen Sigrid, or Kharshai can help you.|
|On death||Is converted to 200k coins when under gravestone|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A raiding axe from an island kingdom.|
Balmung is a two-handed weapon, made of bane ore tuned to dagannoths, obtained from Queen Sigrid during the quest Blood Runs Deep. Level 75 Attack, level 75 Strength and level 65 Slayer are necessary to wield the weapon as these are required to start the quest. Balmung is obtained relatively early in Blood Runs Deep and does not require any further completion of the quest to use it. Use of Balmung is necessary to complete the elite Fremennik task Axe'll Grease It.
Balmung deals 25% extra damage against dagannoth and 15% against Dagannoth Supreme with auto-attacks, and has a lower bonus with abilities. It also has a 30% increase in hit chance against them. Because of these buffs, it is considered an excellent choice when fighting the Dagannoth Kings.
If a player destroys Balmung after Blood Runs Deep, they can retrieve it from Queen Sigrid in the castle on Miscellania. During the quest, it can be retrieved from Brundt the Chieftain. They tell the player that the next time Balmung is lost, they will have to pay 225,000 coins to get it back.
After the miniquest Koschei's Troubles, the player receives an upgrade to their Balmung, increasing its stats and passive effect, and turning it into either Achromatic Balmung, Crimson Balmung, Viridian Balmung or Cobalt Balmung. It is impossible to obtain the original Balmung after the miniquest.
A player wielding balmung
|[view] • [talk]|
- In Norse mythology, Balmung (or Gram) was the magical sword of the hero Sigurd or Siegfried as known in Germany.
- Wallasalkis are affected by the Balmung effect as if they were Dagannoth, but interestingly don't count toward a Dagannoth slayer task.
- The knock-out aura does work with the Balmung.[ ]
- This weapon does not have the same effect on the Spirit dagannoth summoning familiar.
- ^ Mod Doctor. "Patch Notes - Archive". 9 September 2013. General Forums.
- ^ Mod Dean. "DKS Questions for Mod Dean". April 23, 2013. RuneScape Forums.
|Yak hide armour|