|Release date||15 December 2009 (Update)|
|Quest item||Blood Runs Deep|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||If you destroy Balmung, perhaps Chieftain Brundt, Queen Sigrid, or Kharshai can help you.|
|On death||Is converted to 200k coins when under gravestone|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A raiding axe from an island kingdom.|
Balmung is a two-handed weapon, made of bane ore tuned to Dagannoths, obtained from Queen Sigrid during the quest Blood Runs Deep. Level 75 Attack is necessary to wield the weapon as these are required to start the quest. Balmung is obtained relatively early in Blood Runs Deep and does not require any further completion of the quest to use it. Balmung is required to complete the elite Fremennik task Axe'll Grease It, chop down the blossoming tree during Koschei's Troubles, and cut the subsequent white jewel.
Balmung deals 25% extra damage against Dagannoths and 15% against Dagannoth Supreme with auto-attacks, and 12.5% against Dagannoths and 7.5% against Dagannoth Supreme with abilities. It also has a 30% increase in hit chance against them. Because of these buffs, it is considered a good choice when fighting Dagannoth Supreme.
If a player destroys Balmung after Blood Runs Deep, they can retrieve it from Queen Sigrid in the castle on Miscellania. During the quest, it can be retrieved from Brundt the Chieftain. They tell the player that the next time Balmung is lost, they will have to pay 300,000 coins to get it back.
After the miniquest Koschei's Troubles, the player receives an upgrade to their Balmung, increasing its stats and passive effect, and turning it into either Achromatic Balmung, Crimson Balmung, Viridian Balmung or Cobalt Balmung. It is impossible to obtain the original Balmung after the miniquest.
A player wielding Balmung
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
- In Norse mythology, Balmung (or Gram) was the magical sword of the hero Sigurd or Siegfried as known in Germany.
- Wallasalkis are affected by the Balmung effect as if they were Dagannoth, but interestingly don't count toward a Dagannoth slayer task.
- The knock-out aura does work with the Balmung.[ ]
- This weapon does not have the same effect on the Spirit dagannoth summoning familiar.
- This weapon was previously able to be alchemised.
- Balmung can be found from Zemouregal's treasure room during Dimension of disaster
|Balmung • Achromatic • Cobalt • Crimson • Viridian|
|Part 9 of the Fremennik quest series|