|Release date||31 January 2012 (Update)|
|Examine|| A big, angry troll. Not! |
A big, angry troll. Or maybe not!
The baby troll is a pet obtained in the first part of the Burthorpe tutorial, Stop Them In Their Tracks!. Like all trolls, it gets its name from the first thing it eats, which is whatever the player uses on it. Baby troll first appears in a cutscene in the Troll Warzone. It crawls out from behind some rocks after the player defeats Morningstar, which is the mother troll as Ozan assumes. Imperial Guard soldiers chase it into a cannon, where the player has the option to either take it out and adopt it or fire the cannon. If shot out of the cannon, the player can later talk to Corporal Keymans to adopt it, as it fell into some manure.
If the baby troll is later lost you can receive another by talking to a pet store owner and asking if they have found any strays, you can also ask Corporal Keymans for another baby troll. If lost, the baby troll's name will not reset and it will still have the name you gave it when it is reclaimed. To get rid of baby troll, select Summon>Details and 'Dismiss' it.
If one places a baby troll in the menagerie, reclaims another and renames the new one, the troll in the menagerie also gets the new name. Once a baby troll is placed in the menagerie for some reason its examine text will change from "A big, angry troll. Not!" to "A big, angry troll. Or maybe not!"
Players with a lot of wealth can reset the Baby troll's name and feed it an expensive item, so its left-click option becomes "Pick-up (expensive item)". Unsuspecting players who click on the pet, hoping to loot said expensive item from the ground, are thus 'trolled', hence the significance of the creature: a baby troll. Also, anyone can also feed it 1 gp, and its name will be changed to Coins. This is also another way to 'troll' another player. Some players may also feed their trolls discontinued rare items that cannot be worn in order to show off their wealth.
Using an item on it causes the Baby troll to say, "YUM! Me Like (item's name)!" If a name has not already been given, or if its name is reset, it will become that of the item, and the item will disappear. The Baby troll's name can be reset by talking to it and choosing the second option.
If an item cannot be fed to it, the Baby troll will exclaim, "(Baby troll's name) no like that!"
If you attempt to feed a borrowed item to your baby troll, you will get a message saying: "You can't feed your baby troll someone else's item!"
Note: Items fed to the Baby troll are lost and cannot be re-obtained; please proceed with caution when feeding it.
Untradable items that can be eatenEdit
As almost all untradeable items cannot be fed to the baby troll, a list of such items is not kept. Below is a list of exceptions.
- Phoenix Crossbow
- Sticky red goop
- Treasure chest
- Dwarven army axe
- Troll general's bones (My own dad)
- Troll lieutenant's bones (My dad's friend)
- Pets (except Eek, Pet rocks, Pet fish and Golden chinchompas)
- Wicked hood
- Ex-ex-parrot in a magic cage
- Superior POP Armour
- Valentine heart - 13 special names could be given to Baby troll by feeding a troll these. Players can choose to give the generic Valentine heart name or one 13 special names. The available names are Baby, Boo, Cutie, Darling, Gorgeous, Honeybunch, Lovely, Pet, Snookums, Sugar, Sweetheart, Sweetie and Treacle.
Tradable items that cannot be eatenEdit
Although almost all tradable items can be eaten, there are a few exceptions.
- Bond - A message appears saying that "Your baby troll refuses to eat it."
- The Baby Troll is the first pet with the ability to run with the player.
- If you feed the Baby Troll a valentine heart The Baby Troll will say "YUM! Me like be your valentine!" but if you feed it something else first (e.g bones) the Baby Troll's name will not change.
- Players who have fed their baby troll poisoned items (such as Dragon dagger (p++) ) before the Evolution of Combat will still have their baby troll named dragon dagger (p++), although the said item no longer exists. The same is the case for the food items from the Diamond Jubilee.
|Solomon's General Store|
|Squeal of Fortune|
Troll • Troll runt • Troll brute • Troll chucker • Troll shaman • Troll commando • Troll ranger commando • Troll mage commando • Mountain troll (Troll Invasion) (Barendir) (Falador) (Taverley Well) • Thrower troll • Troll spectator • Troll general (Troll Invasion) • Troll ranger • Troll wizard • Troll summoner • Dynamite • Poorly Cooked Karambwan • Undead troll • Huge troll
Baby Troll • Wolf Bones • Wolf Meat • Ash • Dung • Mushroom • Aga • Ug • Burntmeat • My Arm • Drunken dwarf's leg • Troll child • Troll father • Troll mother • Ice troll • Pretty Flower • Sparkly Crystal • Tiny Insect • Crate • Egg • Easta Buni • Tilt • Flippa