|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||72.5 (and 23.9 experience)|
|Always drops||Babydragon bones|
|Examine text||Young but still dangerous.|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Sumona, Kuradal|
Baby blue dragons are small blue dragons that are found in Taverley Dungeon. They attack with magic, which is fairly accurate. Unlike their adult forms, they do not breathe fire. Players will also need the dusty key to open the gate leading to the blue dragons or have 70 Agility to use the pipe shortcut.
Due to the relatively high Prayer experience gained from their bones in comparison to their toughness to defeat, they are often killed for their bones. Each burial of baby dragon bones grants 30 prayer experience; for reference, dragon bones grant 72, and big bones grant 15. Blue and Baby blue dragons respawn at the rate of around 20 seconds.
Baby blue dragons may be killed by players who have received blue dragons as a slayer assignment but do not wish to kill adult blue dragons, giving 18.8 Slayer xp each. Players who wish to just kill Baby Blue Dragons without being attacked by higher-levelled Blue Dragons can find them in Taverley Dungeon near three fishing spots for Lava eels. These are south of the agility shortcut and the small obelisk found near to the mother Blue Dragons.
It's recommended to bring food like bass and up depending on level, and good ranged armour like dragonhide will keep the player from losing much health from their magic attacks. Baby blue dragons attack with the same speed as a dagger/whip. If you are killing it for slayer or for training, a bonecrusher and one of the prayer necklaces from dungeoneering can be used to give 30 prayer exp and 100-200 prayer points each kill.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Babydragon bones 1 Always 1,164 Baby blue dragon bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- These are the lowest level dragons in RuneScape tied with the Baby Red Dragon.
- When fighting the more southern Baby blue dragons in the Taverley Dungeon, players will experience a glitch which seems to cause the dragon to be cut off graphically.
- Baby blue dragons were one of the monsters to have an increased respawn rate during Bot-Nuking week. This was reset back to normal afterwards.