Automatons (referred to as Cresbots in the Slayer guide) are level 115 creatures found in Guthix's Cave (west of Legends' Guild) after completing The World Wakes quest. The quests Ritual of the Mahjarrat, The Firemaker's Curse, The Branches of Darkmeyer, The Void Stares Back and The Chosen Commander are required to access the cave. They require 67 Slayer to be assigned and killed. All automatons are capable of doing a special attack in which they slam their hands on the ground multiple times dealing over 1500 damage per shockwave. They are noted for dropping the Static, Pneumatic and Tracking gloves.
- Automatons are the first post-Grandmaster quest monsters that can be assigned by a Slayer master.
- According to the Guthixian High Priest, Cres was responsible for creating Automatons. After his death, the priest tells the player that without Cres, the automatons have become highly aggressive towards anyone. However, despite this, they are not aggressive at all.
- Automatons can perform their special attack even when out of combat and subsequently target the closest player. This happens when the automaton has been previously attacked by a player who left the area.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for these monsters was 60,000 kills.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
|Hall of Memories||