Titles are names that come before or after a player's username in the chatbox and when right-clicking. Titles may be obtained in various ways, including:
- From Members Loyalty Programme
- From Solomon's General Store
- From Mobilising Armies
- From the Crucible
- From Quests (The Branches of Darkmeyer, The Elder Kiln, Stolen Hearts, Rune Mysteries, The Brink of Extinction and The World Wakes).
- Verifying your email address
- Completion of Holiday Events
Members Loyalty ProgrammeEdit
These titles can be bought from Xuan using Loyalty Points. After a title is bought, players can still revert to previous titles, or to no title at all. There is no limit to how many titles a player can have. Eight of the titles depend on the gender of the player. The titles are displayed in the chatbox and also when right-clicking players. The titles can be seen on both Free-to-play or Pay-to-play servers, even if the player with the title is not currently a member.
|Witch king/Witch queen||50,000|
Solomon's General StoreEdit
|[Name] the Handsome / Beautiful||100||90|
|[Name] the Skillful||84||76|
|[Name] the Suave / Elegant||80||72|
|[Name] the Hot||80||72|
|[Name] the Intimidating||68||61|
|The Untouchable [Name]||60||54|
|The Mysterious [Name]||56||50|
|[Name] the Stylish||52||47|
|The Outrageous [Name]||48||43|
|[Name] the Thrifty||Free||Free|
|[Name] the Wild||80||72|
|[Name] the Tanned||80||72|
|[Name] the Adorable||60||54|
|Assassin [Name]||1800||1620 (Purchased with Assassin Pack)|
|The Mighty [Name]||1800||1620 (Purchased with Dwarven Warsuit Pack)|
|Flyboy/Flygirl [Name]||1800||1620 (Purchased with Dwarven Warsuit Pack)|
Mobilising Armies RanksEdit
Holiday Event TitlesEdit
Santa title (members) was released on 19 December 2012 as a reward from A Stray in a Manger the 2012 Christmas holiday event. The title is activated in the Customisation interface. Currently non-members can receive and activate the title. It's still unknown whether this is a glitch, intentionally or whether non-members can keep the title activated until or even after the event is over.
These titles are available after completion of Rune Memories. They precede the username and also have skill requirements to obtain.
The titles are:
And the following are available after the completion of Rune Mysteries:
- [Name] the Blue
- [Name] the Red
- [Name] the Green
- [Name] the Grey
These titles are available after starting The Branches of Darkmeyer. Players who wear the full Darkmeyer disguise will have their title set to their vampyric title. Vampyric titles are kept intact on free-to-play worlds, as long as the player keeps the Darkmeyer disguise on.
The titles are:
While it is believed that defeating Vanstrom Klause during The Branches of Darkmeyer will automatically max out the status bar, this is not true. The easiest way for players to max out their status after the quest is to enter the jail and kill human prisoners until maxed. It is possible to max out one's status without fully completing the quest.
There is a minor glitch that causes some players' vampyric titles to still display as "vyrewatch" even after maxing out the status bar. Logging out and back in will fix this. Taking a piece of the disguise off and re-equipping it will help too.
Player-owned ports TitlesEdit
Titles are unlocked by increasing your Port Score, found in your captain's log. The titles are found under Descriptions in the Titles section of the Customization screen. In the Captain's Log, the First Mate title is referenced as First Officer. This is likely an error in the Captain's Log.
|Score to unlock||Title unlocked|
|1||[Name] the Cabin Boy/Girl|
|800||First Mate [Name]|
The World Wakes TitleEdit
After completing The World Wakes with all these quests completed: Ritual of the Mahjarrat, The Firemaker's Curse, Branches of Darkmeyer, The Void Stares Back and The Chosen Commander you can obtain the the World Guardian title, which appears in the form "[Name], the World Guardian".
Death titles are available as a reward from the Crucible, bought with trophy bones from defeating enemies.
|Name||Cost (Trophy bones)|
|No Title (default)||free|
|[Name] the Redundant||12|
|Everyone attack [Name]||30|
|[Name] the Idiot||30|
|Sir Lame [Name]||30|
|[Name] the Flamboyant||30|
|[Name] was punished.||30|
|[Name]... you fail||30|
|[Name] ate dirt||30|
|[Name] the Respawner||30|
|[Name] the Fail Magnet||30|
|[Name] was terminated||30|
Also, after completion of the quest The Brink of Extinction, the player is assigned the title TzHaar.
To reclaim this title, talk to TzHaar-Mej-Jeh in the Main Plaza of the TzHaar city.
Gielinor Games Reward Shop TitleEdit
5500 (500 + 5000 to unlock the golden tier).
The title can be re-equipped in the customisation tab under the Descriptions category.
Registering Email TitleEdit
Registering your email to your Runescape account, will give you the The Real title. You can turn this on by right-clicking on the Cape of Validation and choose "set title".
This can be turned off like any other title: by finding and right-clicking on Xuan, then select "Clear-title Xuan".
Thief Titles Edit
After completing Stolen Hearts, players can return to Khnum in the Draynor jail to receive one of four thief titles. The initial thief title is determined from the answers to Khnum's questions during Stolen Hearts, but players can pick a new thief title at any time by simply asking Khnum for a different title.
|Artful Dodger [Name]|
|[Name] the Enforcer|
|[Name] the Swindler|
Reassigning Titles Edit
One can have titles of multiple types unlocked. For example, a player may have the Lord/Lady title, the Vyrelord/Vyrelady title and the Yt'Haar- title unlocked. To switch between them:
- Right click "Clear-title" on Xuan to remove any title.
- To get a Members Loyalty Programme title back, browse the Loyalty Programme Shop in Burthorpe or Varrock Square. Or open the customization menu in the Squeal of Fortune tab.
- To get a vyre title back, wear the full Darkmeyer disguise while in Darkmeyer.
- To get the YtHaar title back, talk to TzHaar-Mej-Ak or TzHaar-Mej-Jeh in the Main Plaza of the TzHaar City.
- To get a Mobilising Armies title back, use the customization menu.
- The 50,000 Loyalty Points reward Wunderkind is German for "Child Prodigy" or, literally, "Wonder Child".
- When a player right-clicks players who have added titles to their names, their names will be the default grey/brown colour, instead of the usual white.
- If a player comes near the Mobilising Armies Command Centre, his or her title will be replaced by their Mobilising Armies rank prefix, if they have one activated. Previously, if they had no rank prefix activated, their title would vanish. After they leave the area, their title will not return, and they will have to go back to Xuan to reactivate it. Since then, if no Mobilising Armies Title is activated, the loyalty title will stay with the character. To remove a title at Mobilising Armies, simply speak to any of the rewards personnel.
- The title Duderino is most likely a reference to the film The Big Lebowski, where Jeff Bridges' character 'The Dude' at one point refers to himself by many names, one of them being El Duderino.
- Putting on and taking off any piece of the Darkmeyer outfit will cause any title you have active to disappear; it can be fixed by repeating the process. This has yet to be fixed.
- The title 'Artful Dodger' is a reference to a character of the same name from Charles Dickens' novel, "Oliver Twist".
- If one had a title that changes to your gender, there was a glitch where the players title (like Lord) would not change to the players current gender; the players title would stay the same until you log out. This has since been fixed.
- A player's title would change to the corresponding gender when doing Fremennik Sagas.
- Player Moderators with a title are shown as Title Name.
- The title Witch King is the title given to the leader of the Ringwraiths from the Lord of the Rings series.
- The following titles: The Awesome, The Magnificent, The Undefeated, The Strange, The Divine, The Fallen and The Warrior were picked from players' suggestions that players could post in a forum thread.
- The only titles available to players not wishing to spend money on either membership or runecoins are those purchasable from Solomon's General Store for 200 Runecoins (which are available free) or less, and the "The Real" title, given by the Cape of validation. These are, in order of decreasing Runecoin cost:
- The Handsome/Beautiful
- The Skilful
- The Suave/Elegant
- The Intimidating
- The Untouchable
- The Mysterious
- The Stylish
- The Outrageous
- The Thrifty
- The Real
- Those who purchased the title "Justiciar" from Xuan, the Member's Loyalty Programme shopkeeper, experienced a minor glitch following the release of The Crucible where their name appeared as "the Redundant Name" while the title "Justiciar" was in use.
- It is a bit odd that some titles earned from rune mysteries all displayed in red colour but their name are The Blue/The Green/The Grey, the "colour" stated doesn't match the colour of the title.