FANDOM


"Surgeon" redirects here. For the non-player character in the Duel Arena, see Surgeon General Tafani.
For the lower-levelled version, see Asylum doctor's ring.
[FAQ] • [doc]
Asylum surgeon's ring detail

The Asylum surgeon's ring is a reward for completing Broken Home in under 37 minutes after the initial completion of the quest, as well as completing all the other designated challenges beforehand. It requires level 85 Defence to wear and grants bonuses to Strength, Ranged, and Magic. Wearing the ring gives the player;

  • 10% chance to prevent adrenaline loss when using threshold abilities (with a 30 seconds cooldown).[1]
  • 40% chance of saving a quarter of a special attack's original cost (e.g. 60% becomes 45%).

The ring, along with the Sixth-Age circuit, Hazelmere's signet ring, and Onyx ring (i), are tied for the second highest strength bonuses of any all-class ring, after the ring of death.

If lost in the wilderness, it will disappear. Nothing appears for the killer, and it cannot be picked up by the victim.

Combat Stats
RequirementsTier
85 DefenceNone
ClassSlotAttributes
CombatSwords AllRing slotDefenceArmour0
ConstitutionLife points0
WeaponsMainOffPrayerPrayer0
Damage--Damage reduction
Accuracy--PvM: 0%PvP: 0%
Style-Style bonuses
Range-Strength21Ranged21Magic21
[FAQ][doc]

Comparison with other ringsEdit

Name Levels Cost Bonuses Notes
Ring of death Ring of death None 24,931,018 CombatSwords 25
Prayer 3
  • Two passive effects: 50% chance of restoring up to 5% adrenaline when a target is killed; teleports the wearer to their respawn point with all of their items when they die, at a cost of 15% charge (effective cost 555,270.3 coins)
  • Degrades: has 100,000 hits of combat, and can be recharged by 50% with a cut onyx (100% charge costs 3,701,802 coins)
Asylum surgeon's ring Asylum surgeon's ring 85 Defence
All Broken Home Challenges
500,000 (reclaim) CombatSwords 21
  • Two passive effects: 10% chance to prevent adrenaline loss when using threshold abilities; 40% chance to save a quarter of a special attack's base cost (e.g. 60% becomes 45%)
Onyx ring (i) Onyx ring (i) 300 Mobilising Armies rating 1,906,593
Mobilising Armies icon highscores 144,100
CombatSwords 21
Defence 22
Sixth-Age circuit Sixth-Age circuit The World Wakes
and all optional requirements
Free CombatSwords 21
Defence 12
  • Free to reclaim
Berserker ring (i) Berserker ring (i) 300 Mobilising Armies rating (if purchased using Reward Credits) 82,424
Thaler 180 or
Mobilising Armies icon highscores 205,900
CombatSwords 17
Defence 19
Seers' ring (i) Seers' ring (i) 58,661
Thaler 180 or
Mobilising Armies icon highscores 205,900
Magic 25
Warrior ring (i) Warrior ring (i) 52,280
Thaler 180 or
Mobilising Armies icon highscores 205,900
Strength 25
Archers' ring (i) Archers' ring (i) 46,871
Thaler 180 or
Mobilising Armies icon highscores 205,900
Ranged 25
Luck of the dwarves Luck of the dwarves None 39,461,564 CombatSwords 17
Berserker ring Berserker ring None 82,424 CombatSwords 12
Defence 5
Seers' ring Seers' ring 58,661 Magic 17
Warrior ring Warrior ring 52,280 Strength 17
Archers' ring Archers' ring 46,871 Ranged 17
Superior leviathan ring Superior leviathan ring 90 Crafting to make
85 Defence
85 Constitution
100 Pearls Pearls CombatSwords 15
Defence 43
Ring of fortune Ring of fortune None 1,865,039 CombatSwords 13
Ring of vigour Ring of vigour 62 Attack
62 Dungeoneering
Dungeoneering token 50,000 CombatSwords 12

ReferencesEdit

  1. ^ Jagex. Mod Pi's Twitter account. 2 June 2017.

TriviaEdit

  • The ring originally provided 23 damage for each style, but they were reduced to 21 in a later update. [which?]

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.