|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||137 coins (info)|
|Examine||A heap of ashes.|
Ashes, called fyreneght by some scientists, appear when a fire burns out, by picking the White lily or as the end result of smouldering Fever grass, Lavender, or Tansymum. Fire spirits can also provide noted Ashes as a potential reward from bonfire-training.
Although Ashes have limited uses, their role in Herblore training through Serum 207 makes them valuable among Members. Free players can collect Ashes from burnt out fires and Fire spirits, though the main, and arguably only, Free-to-play use for Ashes is to sell them. Burning lines of cheap logs, (such as willow logs at 34 coins) is an effective way of obtaining large amounts of ashes. If players own a cat, hunting hellrats rewards them with ashes for each kill, which can potentially be even faster than log burning.
- They are used in the Shades of Mort'ton and Desert Treasure quests.
- They are used to make Serum 207.
- They can be crushed with a Pestle and mortar to make a Ground ashes, awarding the player with 1 Herblore experience, used to dust the character's hands. This helps when throwing a shotput in the Warriors' Guild for better grip.
- They are used with a Fruit blast to make a Dirty blast for the first part of the Recipe for Disaster quest.
- They are used as food for the Phoenix eggling and the Abyssal minion.
- Used with the Phoenix familiar's scroll, Rise from the ashes, to activate its special move. (To use the special move, the ashes must be on the ground.)
- Could also be used during the Forgettable Tale... quest. (item from Rowdy dwarf)
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|