|Release||4 June 2013 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||540,000 coins|
|Low alch||360,000 coins|
|Exchange||50,611,923 coins (info)|
|A crossbow crafted by Ocellus.|
Obtaining one yourself (without trading with another player or through the Grand Exchange) requires defeating Legiones in the level-81-Slayer dungeon Monastery of Ascension located northwest of Oo'glog, east of Mobilising Armies.
The crossbow is made by taking one each of the six Ascension signets dropped by the legiones (Ascension signet I, Ascension signet II, Ascension signet III, Ascension signet IV, Ascension signet V, Ascension signet VI), along with a dragon crossbow and 100 ascension shards to Ocellus outside the monastery. It can be converted to the off-hand Ascension crossbow for another 100 shards.
Assuming one obtained each signet on the 64th kill, it would cost 71,098,647 to create an Ascension crossbow. If you do a co-op slayer tasks only one key is needed for entry for both party members. A pop-up confirmation will appear for the second party member before entering the lair. When the Legio is killed, the party member who dealt the most damage, will receive the drop regardless of who opened the door with a keystone. A signet, if dropped, will only be given to the party member who has received drop. The other party member will be left with no loot, therefore it is recommended to solo the ascension bosses for signets.
Only the main-hand dragon crossbow will work; neither the off-hand nor the 2-handed bow are accepted by Ocellus.
It degrades in combat like drygore weaponry, having 60,000 charges (but loses 2 per hit, giving a minimum time of 5 hours of combat) until it must be repaired by Bob for 2,000,000 or a lower amount on your armour stand depending on your Smithing level.
Players on a budget may consider dual-wielding an Ascension crossbow with off-hand death lotus darts. When first attacking a target, the main hand weapon is used and thus its ammo is lost far more often than the offhand ammo. Therefore, this combination negates the high upfront cost of the off-hand Ascension crossbow and greatly reduces the loss of indirectly expensive/untradeable death lotus darts while sacrificing a relatively small amount of damage.
Interval: 2.4 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
The base repair cost of the Ascension crossbow is 2,000,000. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = cost|cost|2000000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Comparison with other Ranged weaponsEdit
|Noxious longbow||90||147,060,549||2458 (90)|
|Wyvern crossbow||85||73,382,831||2178 (85)||
|Strykebow|| 85 |
|Royal crossbow|| 80 |
|Zaryte bow||80||17,937,420||1924 (80)|
|Attuned crystal bow|| 80 |
| Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Sunspear (ranged)|| 78 |
River of Blood
| Free after River of Blood quest|
600,000 to reclaim
|Hand cannon|| 75 |
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||90|| 50,611,923 (main-hand)|
|Shadow glaive and off-hand||85||17,836,918||2458 (90)|
|Death lotus dart and off-hand|| 85 |
| Ancient bones|
Ascension shard (25)
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand|| 80 |
| 2 Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand|| 80 |
| 200,000 (main-hand)|
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||75||3,084,193 (main-hand)|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|5 × Ascended components|
- This item used to provide God Wars Dungeon protection, and that may not have been intentional, according to Mod Dean.
- It was revealed that the reason behind the immunity was because it shared the same repair cost parameter as Nex armour. Indeed, it was (and still is) categorised as "ancient equipment", and would repair at the same time as Nex armour if used with an armour stand. 
- This was finally patched on 25 January 2016.
- ^ Update:Patch Notes (25 January 2016)
- ^ Mod Dean. "Ascension C'bow - GWD immunity." 13 June 2013. Recent Game Updates Forums.
- ^ RuneScape Developer Q&A - Elite NPC Teaser! (English). Video. Google. 21. ""The reason they do work in god wars dungeon is because we developed several different degrading methods over time...<off tangent> any of the god wars dungeon items degrade uses the parameter for the recharge cost...as an indicator for whether they will attack you...<offtangent> and essentially it uses the parameter for the god wars dungeon.""*