|Release||4 June 2013 (Update)|
|High alch||540,000 coins|
|Low alch||360,000 coins|
|On death||? (edit)|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange||74,757,656 coins (info)|
|A crossbow crafted by Ocellus.|
Obtaining one yourself (without trading with another player or through the Grand Exchange) requires defeating Legiones in the level-81-Slayer dungeon Monastery of Ascension located northwest of Oo'glog, east of Mobilising Armies.
The crossbow is made by taking one each of the six Ascension signets dropped by the legiones (Ascension signet I, Ascension signet II, Ascension signet III, Ascension signet IV, Ascension signet V, Ascension signet VI), along with a dragon crossbow and 100 ascension shards to Ocellus outside the monastery. It can be converted to the off-hand Ascension crossbow for another 100 shards.
Assuming one obtained each signet on the 64th kill, it would cost 84,957,427 to create an Ascension crossbow. If you do a co-op slayer tasks only one key is needed for entry for both party members. A pop-up confirmation will appear for the second party member before entering the lair. When the Legio is killed, the party member who dealt the most damage, will receive the drop regardless of who opened the door with a keystone. A signet, if dropped, will only be given to the party member who has received drop. The other party member will be left with no loot, therefore it is recommended to solo the ascension bosses for signets.
Only the main-hand dragon crossbow will work; neither the off-hand nor the 2-handed bow are accepted by Ocellus.
It degrades in combat like drygore weaponry, having 60,000 charges (but loses 2 per hit, giving a minimum time of 5 hours of combat) until it must be repaired by Bob for 2,000,000 or a lower amount on your armour stand depending on your Smithing level.
Players on a budget may consider dual-wielding an Ascension crossbow with off-hand death lotus darts. When first attacking a target, the main hand weapon is used and thus its ammo is lost far more often than the offhand ammo. Therefore, this combination negates the high upfront cost of the off-hand Ascension crossbow and greatly reduces the loss of indirectly expensive/untradeable death lotus darts while sacrificing a relatively small amount of damage.
A player wielding an Ascension crossbow
Interval: 2.4 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
The base repair cost of the Ascension crossbow is 2,000,000. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = cost|cost|2000000|hidden|
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Comparison with other Ranged weaponsEdit
|Noxious longbow||Two-handed (bow)||90||193,219,879||2458 (90)|
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||Dual wield (crossbow)||90|| 74,757,656 (main-hand)|
|Wyvern crossbow||Two-handed (crossbow)||85||57,947,491||2178 (85)||
|Strykebow||Shieldbow|| 85 |
|Death lotus dart and off-hand||Dual wield (thrown)|| 85 |
| Ancient bones|
Ascension shard (25)
|Royal crossbow||Two-handed (crossbow)|| 80 |
|Zaryte bow||Two-handed (bow)||80||30,784,527||1924 (80)|
|Attuned crystal bow||Two-handed (bow)|| 80 |
| Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand||Dual wield (thrown)|| 80 |
| 2 Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand||Dual wield (crossbow)|| 80 |
| 200,000 tokens (main-hand)|
100,000 tokens (off-hand)
|Hand cannon||Two-handed (crossbow)|| 75 |
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||Dual wield (crossbow)||75||3,292,683 (main-hand)|
- Ascension crossbow (shadow)
- Ascension crossbow (third age)
- Ascension crossbow (barrows)
- Ascension crossbow (blood)
- The God Wars Dungeon protection perk will remain in the game, but may not have been intentional, as per Mod Dean.
- ^ Update:Patch Notes (25 January 2016)
- ^ Mod Dean. "Ascension C'bow - GWD immunity." 13 June 2013. Recent Game Updates Forums.
- ^ RuneScape Developer Q&A - Elite NPC Teaser! (English). Video. Google. 21. ""The reason they do work in god wars dungeon is because we developed several different degrading methods over time...<off tangent> any of the god wars dungeon items degrade uses the parameter for the recharge cost...as an indicator for whether they will attack you...<offtangent> and essentially it uses the parameter for the god wars dungeon.""*