- "Arrow" redirects here. For the gnome, see Oomad Arrow.
Arrows have a chance of breaking after being fired, losing the arrow. According to Roddeck, if the arrow has been broken, the arrow will not appear on the ground to be picked up. The ratio of losing an arrow after shooting is approximately 1:5, but this decreases gradually with an increase in the player's Ranged level.
Arrow stealing, the theft of arrows by another player, after they have been on the ground a while, is quite common, and can be a nuisance to some rangers. One method of preventing this is to use Ava's device which collects dropped arrows. This requires the player to have completed the Animal Magnetism quest.
|Arrow type||Can be fired from||Ranged level|
to wield bow
|Bronze arrows||All except chargebow||1|
|Iron arrows||Oak bow or stronger||10|
|Steel arrows||Willow bow or stronger||20|
|Mithril arrows||Maple bow or stronger||30|
|Adamant arrows||Yew bow or stronger||40|
|Rune arrows||Magic bow or stronger||50|
|Dragon arrows||Dark bow||60|
|God Arrows||Magic bow or stronger||50|
There are several kinds of special arrows aside from the normal arrows described above.
- Training arrows were arrows that could be bought from Beefy Bill for 8 coins each. They were equivalent in strength to bronze arrows, but were the only arrows that can be fired from the training bow, an outdated Tutor Weapon.
- Ice arrows are used in the Temple of Ikov quest, and they are found (and not made). These arrows are used to kill Fire Warrior of Lesarkus in the quest.
- Ogre arrows are arrows that are made with wolf bones instead of the usual metals, and they are also used in quests and Chompy hunting.
- Brutal arrows are arrows that are made with metallic nails instead of arrowheads, and are generally weaker than their normal counterparts. Brutal arrows are mainly used in the quest Zogre Flesh Eaters, and for killing zogres.
- Broad arrows are frequently used in Slayer assignments, and they can be either bought from Slayer Masters or fletched by the players themselves, if they have bought such an ability from a Slayer Master.
- God arrows are a possible clue scroll reward from any level clue scroll. There are currently 3 different types of god arrows: saradomin arrows, guthix arrows and zamorak arrows. These arrows each have a 1/10 chance of dealing extra damage, however, when used in conjunction with the appropriate god bow this chance increases to 1/5.
Bane arrows are made by using Tune Bane Ore on bane ore, smelting the ore, smithing the bars on the anvil in Kethsi, and fletching them. Tune Bane Ore can enchant the arrows and bolts to be more effective against certain creatures.
There are four types of bane arrows:
Arrows and other ammunition