|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||2,252,094 coins (info)|
|Examine||A beautiful, heavy sword.|
The Armadyl godsword is one of the four legendary godswords that was fought over during the God Wars. Requiring 75 Attack to wield, it is created by attaching an Armadyl hilt to a completed godsword blade, which has no requirements and can be done by any player.
|Compare item|| |
A player wielding an Armadyl godsword
|[view] • [talk]|
The Armadyl godsword has either a special attack and a passive effect, of which only one can be active at a time. The player can switch between the two by using the godsword on the altar in the God Wars Dungeon in the room where Kree'arra and his minions are, however entering Armadyl's Eyrie requires 70 Ranged.
The special attack is called Armadyl's judgement, which deals up to 250% damage and uses 50% adrenaline/special attack bar. However, the description has not been updated since the Combat beta's release in January 2014 and this special attack's damage has been tweaked many times since. Test results (critical hit of 5427 at an ability damage of 1460 and no other boosts) suggests the special actually deals up to 372% damage. In Legacy the damage is slightly higher to compensate for the larger time interval between attacks.
The passive effect takes effect 25% of the time; when it does, it raises the wielder's Attack and Strength levels by 1 each time, for up to 10% of the wielder's levels. However this passive is fairly unpopular as the boost does not stack with potions and so does not provide any damage boosts, unlike the special attack.
- Before the Legacy Mode update, the Armadyl godsword had a passive effect that hit 25% of the time; when it did, it raised the wielder's Attack and Strength levels by 1 each time, for up to 10% of the wielder's attack and strength levels. However this passive was fairly unpopular as the boost did not stack with potions and so did not provide any damage boosts, unlike the special attack. Two weeks later the passive effect became an option that would replace the special attack, which can be toggled by using the godsword on the altar in the God Wars Dungeon.
- Like other godswords and the God Wars Dungeon itself, the Armadyl godsword received a graphical update on the 5 September 2012. As a nod to Armadyl's aviantese, the blade now resembles a large feather.
- The Armadyl godsword slightly resembles the broken sword, dubbed "Guthix's sword", which is seen during the quest The World Wakes in the first room.
- The Armadyl godsword is suggested to resemble a bird, the blade being one of the wings, and the other side is the other wing. The head is between the two wings. It becomes clearer if you imagine the bird from an angle.
- There was a glitch where during PvP, the passive version of the Armadyl godsword used to give the Attack and Strength level boost to the opponent, not the wielder. This was fixed on 8 September 2014.