- For the Lucky version, see Lucky Armadyl chestplate.
|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|High alch||36,000 coins|
|Low alch||24,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||4,016,275 coins (info)|
|Examine||Armour of great craftsmanship.|
The chestplate is statistically superior to every other torso ranged armour other than Morrigan's leather body, the Pernix body, the Death lotus chestplate and sirenic body, making it the best non-degrading ranged armour in the game. The prayer bonus also makes it desirable for the TzHaar Fight Cave minigame.
Being Power armour, this chestplate offers less defence than its Barrows counterpart, the Karil's top, but it has a Ranged bonus.
When received with CoinShare active, the Armadyl chestplate will be dropped as 120 Armadyl chestplate shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
A male player wearing armadyl armour
A female player wearing armadyl armour
|[view] • [talk]|
|Flight Kilisa||102||1||Very rare|
|Flockleader Geerin||102||1||Very rare|
|Wingman Skree||102||1||Very rare|
- Upon the release of RuneScape HD the Armadyl Chestplate was given a slight graphical update. This resulted in a "crop-top" style for male players, exposing the stomach. This change was intended and was not a glitch. The style has since been changed again.
- On 8 July 2009, the chestplate had an update (mentioned in Patch Notes 08/07/09) with the release of Mobilising Armies. It seems to be like it was before the HD update, covering the player's stomach on male characters, but exposing the stomach on female characters.
- Strangely, the icon in the inventory shows a cropped area for the stomach, although when male players wear it, the stomach is covered, and is slightly small for female avatars when worn.
- Even though it is made of metallic-type armour, it still grants a very high magic defence along with the rest of the Armadyl set, although it seems this is just to make it work with the combat triangle.
- With the release of royal d'hide armour, the price of the Armadyl set harshly crashed.