|Release date||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|High Alch||36,000 coins|
|Low Alch||24,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||7,369,231 coins (info)|
|Examine||A chestplate of great craftsmanship|
- For the Lucky version, see Lucky Armadyl chestplate.
The Armadyl chestplate is a drop from Kree'arra and its bodyguards. Along with the Armadyl helmet and Armadyl chainskirt, it is part of the Armadyl armour set and requires 70 Defence to wear. The chestplate is statistically superior to every other torso ranged armour other than Morrigan's leather body, the Pernix body, and the Death lotus chestplate, making it the best non-degrading ranged armour. The prayer bonus also makes it desirable for the Fight Caves minigame.
When received with CoinShare active, the Armadyl chestplate will be dropped as 120 Armadyl chestplate shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
A male player wearing an armadyl armour
A female player wearing armadyl armour
|[view] • [talk]|
Dropping monsters Edit
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Kree'arra 210 1 Rare Flight Kilisa 146 1 Very rare Flockleader Geerin 146 1 Very rare Wingman Skree 146 1 Very rare
- Upon the release of RuneScape HD the Armadyl Chestplate was given a slight graphical update. This resulted in a "crop-top" style for male players, exposing the stomach. This change was intended and was not a glitch. The style has since been changed again.
- On 8 July 2009, the chestplate had an update (mentioned in Patch Notes 08/07/09) with the release of Mobilising Armies. It seems to be like it was before the HD update, covering the player's stomach on male characters, but exposing the stomach on female characters.
- Strangely, the icon in the inventory shows a cropped area for the stomach, although when male players wear it, the stomach is covered, and is slightly small for female avatars when worn.
- Even though it is made of metallic-type armour, it still grants a very high magic defence along with the rest of the Armadyl set, although it seems this is just to make it work with the combat triangle.
- The Armadyl Chestplate is commonly used in conjunction with the void range helmet, skirt, and deflector for those who train ranged/use ranged to kill bosses. With the chestplate, the player has a ranged attack bonus of +33 while still retaining the 10% accuracy and damage bonus that the void set offers, which increases the player's accuracy by +25 (almost the difference between a Rune Crossbow and a Chaotic Crossbow) when compared with the void helm, skirt, gloves and body with an Unholy Book in the shield slot.
- With the release of royal d'hide armour, the price of the Armadyl set harshly crashed.
God Wars Dungeon-related items
|Robes of subjugation|
|Ancient ceremonial robes|
Leather • Hard leather • Studded(t)(g) • Frog-leather • Carapace • Snakeskin • Spined • Green d'hide(t)(g) • Sacred clay • Blue d'hide(t)(g) • Red d'hide • Black d'hide • Blessed d'hide • Third-age • Royal d'hide • Karil's • Armadyl • Morrigan's (corrupt) • Pernix • Death lotus chestplate (superior) • Sirenic hauberk