|Release date||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||120,000 coins|
|Low Alch||80,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||9,892,788 coins (info)|
|Examine||A battlestaff topped with a powerful orb of Armadyl.|
The Armadyl battlestaff is a two-handed Magic staff that requires 77 Magic to wield. It is created by attaching an orb of armadyl to a regular battlestaff, which requires 77 Crafting and grants 150 Crafting experience. It is currently the strongest non-degradable staff in the game.
In addition to providing the third-best hit bonus of all staves, behind the chaotic staff and Zuriel's staff (the latter breaks after one hour of combat), the Armadyl battlestaff acts as a staff of air, in that it provides unlimited air runes when wielded. This allows players to cast air spells, such as Air Surge and Divine Storm, for free, as well as reducing the cost of all other standard elemental spells and Smoke spells. This potentially makes the Armadyl battlestaff a superior choice for common combat activities such as Slayer training. Since it is non-degrading and provides unlimited air runes, it allows powerful and free casts that pose a significant threat, even to rangers.
Wielding the staff also buffs auto-attacks with the Storm of Armadyl spell by 10%, but does not increase damage with abilities. With the release of legacy, the armadyl battlestaff was given a special attack "Tempest of Armadyl" requiring at least 50% adrenaline (special attack while in Legacy mode).
A player wielding an Armadyl battlestaff
A player crafting an Armadyl battlestaff
|[view] • [talk]|
|Name||Type||Levels to equip||Cost||Accuracy||Notes|
|Dominion staff||Staff||90||Free reward||2458|
|Greater runic staff||Staff||75|
|Staff of light||Staff||75||157,250||1694||
|Enhanced ancient staff||Staff||70|
| 61,662 (Ancient staff)|
Elite desert diary
|Seismic wand and singularity||Wand and orb||90||587,197,069(wand) 150,922,180(orb)||2458||
|Virtus wand and book||Wand and book||80||36,856,438(wand) 17,295,225(book)||1924||
|Abyssal wand and orb||Wand and orb||75||3,218,350(wand) 479,308(orb)||1694||
The Armadyl battlestaff has a special attack called Tempest of Armadyl. It consumes 50% adrenaline for each use. Four attacks are launched in quick succession against the opponent, each hitting for up to roughly 150% spell damage. When used at 100% adrenaline (allowing two uses) a total of 8 attacks can be made in a very short period of time, dealing very large amounts of damage.
The damage dealt by this special attack will be increased while under the effects of Sunshine and Metamorphosis ultimate abilities, making the special attack extremely potent. It is possible to hit up to 900% spell damage per special attack doing this.
- The staff had been fluctuating in price after the Evolution of Combat, finally resting at a higher price after glacors were buffed, rendering them harder to kill.
- Despite the fact that Storm of Armadyl, the companion spell to the Armadyl battlestaff, requires completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat to cast, the staff does not require completion of the quest to wield.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the Armadyl battlestaff increased the casting speed of Storm of Armadyl from 3 seconds to 2.4 seconds. This made it one of only two ways to cast spells faster than the standard rate, the other being the Blitzer class of a ring of kinship. However, the latter was a randomly occurring effect (unless the ring was fully upgraded) and only available in Daemonheim.
- While any combat aura is activated, the cosmetic effect does not fit the staff much like with Korasi's sword.
- In the motion comic 'The Origins of Gielinor' Zamorak impales Zaros with the Armadyl Battlestaff not the Staff of Armadyl. Mod Osborne said this was his mistake.