- Not to be confused with Staff of Armadyl.
|Release date||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||300,000 coins|
|Low Alch||200,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||14,094,370 coins (info)|
|Examine||A battlestaff topped with a powerful orb of Armadyl.|
The Armadyl battlestaff is a two-handed Magic staff that requires 77 Magic to wield. It is created by attaching an orb of armadyl to a regular battlestaff, which requires 77 Crafting and grants 150 Crafting experience. It is currently the strongest non-degradable staff in the game.
In addition to providing the second-best hit bonus of all staves, behind only the chaotic staff, the Armadyl battlestaff acts as a staff of air, in that it provides unlimited air runes when wielded. This allows players to cast air spells, such as Air Surge and Divine Storm, for free, as well as reducing the cost of all other standard elemental spells and Gale spells. This potentially makes the Armadyl battlestaff a superior choice for common combat activities such as Slayer training. The staff is also extremely effective in PvP combat. Since it is non-degrading and provides unlimited air runes, it allows powerful and free casts that pose a significant threat, even to rangers.
Wielding the staff also buffs auto-attacks with the Storm of Armadyl spell by 10%, but does not increase damage with abilities.The casting speed of the Storm of Armadyl spell is increased from 3 seconds per cast to 2.4 seconds.
The staff had been fluctuating in price after the Evolution of Combat, finally resting at a higher price after glacors were buffed, rendering them harder to kill.
A player wielding an armadyl battlestaff
A player crafting an armadyl battlestaff
|[view] • [talk]|
|Name||Levels to equip||Cost||Damage||Accuracy||Notes|
|Dominion staff||90||Free reward||0||2458||
|Greater runic staff||75|
|Staff of light||75||290,367||0||1694|
|Enhanced ancient staff||70|
| 59,965 (Ancient staff)|
Elite desert diary
- Despite the fact that Storm of Armadyl, the companion spell to the Armadyl battlestaff, requires completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat to cast, the staff does not require completion of the quest to wield.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the Armadyl battlestaff increased the casting speed of Storm of Armadyl from 3 seconds to 2.4 seconds. This made it one of only two ways to cast spells faster than the standard rate, the other being the Blitzer class of a ring of kinship. However, the latter was a randomly occurring effect (unless the ring was fully upgraded) and only available in Daemonheim.
- While any combat aura is activated, the cosmetic effect does not fit the staff much like with Korasi's sword.
- In the motion comic 'The Origins of Gielinor' Zamorak impales Zaros with the Armadyl Battlestaff not the Staff of Armadyl. Mod Osborne said this was his mistake.
Lightning staff 1 • Lightning staff 2 • Lightning staff 3 • Lightning staff 4
Ahrim's • Ancient Enhanced • Blisterwood • Broken • Caitlin's • Crozier • Dominion • Dramen • Iban's • Lunar • MindspikeTower • Penance trident • Pharaoh's sceptre • Polypore • Rod of Ivandis • Sacred clay • Skull sceptre • Slayer's • Staff of Armadyl • Staff of light • StarfireStarfury • Third-age druidic • Toktz-mej-tal • Wizards' Tower • Dragon battlestaff • Zuriel's corrupt