Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||120,000 coins|
|Low alch||80,000 coins|
|Exchange||9,892,235 coins (info)|
|Examine||A battlestaff topped with a powerful orb of Armadyl.|
The Armadyl battlestaff is a two-handed Magic staff that requires 77 Magic to wield. It is created by attaching an orb of armadyl to a regular battlestaff, which requires 77 Crafting and grants 150 Crafting experience. It is currently the strongest non-degradable staff in the game outside of Dungeoneering. It provides protection against the Armadyl followers in God Wars Dungeon.
In addition to providing the high bonuses, the Armadyl battlestaff provides unlimited air runes when wielded. This allows players to cast air spells, such as Air Surge and Divine Storm, for free, as well as reducing the cost of all other standard elemental spells and Smoke spells. This potentially makes the Armadyl battlestaff a superior choice for common combat activities such as Slayer training. Since it is non-degrading and provides unlimited air runes, it allows powerful and free casts that pose a significant threat, even to rangers.
Wielding the staff also buffs auto-attacks with the Storm of Armadyl spell by 10%, but does not increase damage with abilities. With the release of legacy, the armadyl battlestaff was given a special attack "Tempest of Armadyl" requiring at least 50% adrenaline (special attack while in Legacy mode).
|Accuracy||1783||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Armadyl battlestaff has a special attack called Tempest of Armadyl. It consumes 50% adrenaline for each use. Five attacks are launched in quick succession against the opponent, each hitting for up to roughly 94% spell damage.
Comparison with other magical weaponsEdit
|Staff of Sliske||92||2,147,483,647||2577 (92)|
|Noxious staff||90||140,706,857||2458 (90)|
|Camel staff||85||109,418,165||2178 (85)|
|Staff of darkness||85||58,691,406||2178 (85)|
|Chaotic staff|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal staff|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal weapon seed and 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)|
|Zuriel's staff||78||4,451,045||1829 (78)||
|Sunspear (magic)|| 78 |
River of Blood
| Free after River of Blood quest|
600,000 to reclaim
|Armadyl battlestaff||77||9,892,235||1783 (77)|
|Greater runic staff|| 75 |
|25,000 Runespan points||1694 (75)||
|Staff of light||75||893,732||1694 (75)||
|Polypore staff||75||1,261,035||1694 (75)|
|Seismic wand and singularity||90|| 191,756,342(wand)|
|Wand of the Cywir elders||85||17,863,096||2458 (90)||
|Seasinger kiba and makigai|| 85 |
| 150 Chi|
75 Koi Scales
2 Gemstone kaseki
|Virtus wand and book||80|| 6,109,591(wand)|
|Attuned crystal wand and orb|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal weapon seed and 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)||
|Abyssal wand and orb||75|| 188,386(wand)|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||3.4%|
|1 × Armadyl components||Unknown|
- The staff had been fluctuating in price after the Evolution of Combat, finally resting at a higher price after glacors were buffed, rendering them harder to kill.
- Despite the fact that Storm of Armadyl, the companion spell to the Armadyl battlestaff, requires completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat to cast, the staff does not require completion of the quest to wield.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the Armadyl battlestaff increased the casting speed of Storm of Armadyl from 3 seconds to 2.4 seconds. This made it one of only two ways to cast spells faster than the standard rate, the other being the Blitzer class of a ring of kinship. However, the latter was a randomly occurring effect (unless the ring was fully upgraded) and only available in Daemonheim.
- While any combat aura is activated, the cosmetic effect does not fit the staff much like with Korasi's sword.
- In the motion comic 'The Origins of Gielinor' Zamorak impales Zaros with the Armadyl battlestaff not the Staff of Armadyl. Mod Osborne said this was his mistake.
- The orb on top of the Armadyl battlestaff is shaped like a diamond, even though the Orb of Armadyl is shaped like a sphere.