|Release||4 August 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||This book can be reclaimed from the bookcase in your player-owned house for a fee, are you sure you wish to destroy it?|
|Examine||The holy book of Armadyl.|
Armadyl's Book of Law is the God book aligned with Armadyl. The damaged book (Armadyl) can be purchased from Jossik for 5,000 coins. Books of law must be made using all four torn Armadyl pages with the damaged book. The pages can be purchased from other players, obtained from treasure trails, or by cremating a vyre corpse. Players must have completed Horror from the Deep in order to attach any pages to the damaged book. Equipping a Book of law allows the player to preach and perform ceremonies, such as blessing, last rites, and wedding rites by operating it (none of which have any effect on the game itself, and are simply recited lines of text). Each recital will expend 25% of a player's special attack bar.
Lost books of law can be reclaimed by speaking to Jossik at the lighthouse, or from a player-owned house bookcase, complete with all pages that have been added, for 100,000 coins. However, the book will lose all its remaining charges, requiring the player to add additional pages in order to activate the passive effect.
After completion of One Piercing Note, if the book has all four pages, it can be used to create an illuminated book of law and unlock the god book off-hand override. This requires 60 Crafting and 60 Prayer, and grants 10,000 Prayer and 10,000 Crafting experience (for the first time only). The book of law is not consumed in the process.
Filling the book of law with all pages currently costs 5,250,642 coins.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The book of law can be activated like scrimshaw to provide a passive combat effect. The book can be recharged with any Armadyl page, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the illuminated book.
The passive has a 5% chance per hit to activate. When it activates, a tornado spins at the target's location dealing 4 hits of damage in 4 ticks, dealing 30-50%, 30-50%, 60-100%, and 60-100% damage for a total of 180-300% damage (PvP: 10-30%, 10-30%, 20-60%, 20-60%; total 60-180%). If the target moves from the tornado, the damage is halted. This is based on Kree'arra's hard mode special attack.The passive effect animation cycles between a brown tornado and blue tornado when activated. This is only a visual effect and has no influence over the damage dealt.
- As ye vow to be at peace with each other, And to uphold high values of morality and friendship, I now pronounce you united in the law of Armadyl.
- Thou didst fight true, but the foe was too great. May thy return be as swift as the flight of Armadyl.
- For thy task is lawful, May the blessing of Armadyl be upon thee.
- Do not let thy vision be clouded by evil, Look up, for the truth cometh from the skies. This is the law of Armadyl.
- It is honourable to resist, And fight for what thou believe is just. This is the law of Armadyl.
- Peace shall bring thee wisdom; Wisdom shall bring thee peace. This is the law of Armadyl.
- Thou shalt avoid war; but, if thou must fight, Believe, and thou shalt strike true. This is the law of Armadyl.
- Thou shalt fly like the bird, Not like the rock. This is the law of Armadyl.
- To those cursed by war and pest, Come into the light of Armadyl and rest. This is the law of Armadyl.
- Prior to 22 February 2016, this book used to be held in the off-hand slot.
- There is currently a glitch where if the book's passive were to activate at the end of a duel, it would damage the other player outside of combat. This glitch has not yet been fixed.
|Illuminated god books||
|Part 2 of the Fremennik quest series|