|Release date||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|No. of Banks||0|
|No. of Altars||0|
|Location on World Map|
|West Ardougne||←||Ardougne Zoo||→||Witchaven|
The zoo is located in the southern part of East Ardougne and holds a variety of creatures gathered from across RuneScape. It is also the starting point of the Eagles' Peak, Cold War, & Hunt for Red Raktuber quests and it is involved in the Eadgar's Ruse and Monkey Madness quests. It is the central location for the Penguin Hide and Seek location where people exchange their penguinpoints at Larry . The zoo can also be useful for players who train Ranged, Magic or Melee (Halberd must be equipped). This is due to the fact that the creatures held there are obstructed from the outside. Drops can be picked up using the Telekinetic Grab spell, although they are often not worth more than the Law rune (and Air rune if no Staff of air is equipped) that is needed for the spell.
At the zoo, there are a range of creatures that can be found throughout Gielinor:
- Grizzly bears
- Unicorns (cage can be entered by the Fairy Ring code B•I•S)
- Penguins (cage can be entered in a Penguin suit)
- Monkeys (cage can be entered by use of Monkey greegree)
- Ferret (after Eagles' Peak)
- Chuck, the polar bear (after The Hunt for Red Raktuber)
The following quests involve the zoo:
- All three quests in the penguin series (Cold War, Hunt for Red Raktuber, and Some Like it Cold) start at the zoo.
- In Eagles' Peak, you catch a ferret for the zoo.
- In Eadgar's Ruse, the player attempts to steal a parrot by adding vodka to sliced pineapples to use as the voice of the human dummy as part of the ruse for the trolls.
- In Monkey Madness a player is told to free a monkey in one of the cages. To do so you change into a monkey. Later on a Zoo keeper finds you and traps you into one of the zoo cages. Many players also come here for fun as a monkey to scare or surprise players.
Larry, and later Chuck, is also found in the Ardougne Zoo. He is a part in the Cold War quest and will help players into in a clockwork suit if they bring it to him and right click, selecting "tuxedo-time".
Larry is also the man who you need to talk to when you want to start Penguin Hide and Seek and Hunt for Red Raktuber. He can exchange your Penguin points for coins or experience and after Hunt for Red Raktuber his role is replaced by Chuck the polar bear.