Wikia

RuneScape Wiki

Archers' ring

Discuss10
27,291pages on
this wiki
Old School RuneScape icon
Archers' ring
Archers' ring
Release date 7 November 2005 (Update)
Members? Yes
Quest item? No
Tradeable? Yes
Lendable? Yes
Equipable? Yes
Stackable? No
High Alch 6,000 coins
Low Alch 4,000 coins
Destroy Drop
Store price Not sold
Exchange price 38,997 coins (info)
Buy limit 10
Examine A fabled ring that improves the wearer's skill with a bow...
Weight 0 kg
Loading...
[view] [talk]
Archers' ring detail

The Archers' ring is one of the Fremennik rings and is dropped by the Dagannoth Supreme in the Waterbirth Island Dungeon. This ring can be imbued at Mobilising Armies into an Archers' ring (i) to players of a rank of 300 or more, at the cost of 205,900 reward credits. This increases its ranged bonus from 17 to 25.

When received with CoinShare active, the Archers' ring will be dropped as 120 Archers' ring shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.

Combat Stats
Skill requirements
None
Class Slot
Ranged Ranged Ring slot
Weapons Main Off
Damage - -
Accuracy - -
Style -
Attributes
Defence-icon Armour rating0
Constitution-icon Life bonus0
Prayer-icon Prayer bonus0
Style bonuses
Strength-icon0 Ranged-icon17 Magic-icon0


[view][talk]

Price Drop Edit

On 19 March 2014, the price that an Archers' ring could be bought on the Grand Exchange fell sharply from around 900,000 to 100,000. Hours afterward the price fell further to 25,000 and were reported to be 1,000gp at one point.

The cause of this was originally believed to be due to either a merchanting clan dumping their huge stock of the rings or a duplication glitch that was speculated to have been found in the newly released Grandmaster quest One Of A Kind. Mod Tyran created a post on the forums on the 19 March at 23:57 GMT stating that they were aware of an incident with Archers' Rings and advised people not to engage in mass trading of the rings because players could face action on their account.[1] Mod Tyran also stated that the safest thing for players to do who had purchased the rings would be to keep them on their account [2].

On 20 March 2014 at 17:48 GMT, Mod Jane posted on the Item Discussions forum detailing what had happened. The post stated that there had been a human error in a system which they were currently trialling. This system would return items to players who have had their account hacked and items stolen. The error had caused a single player to receive millions of Archers' Rings accidentally, and they decided to take advantage of this by selling them for a very low price which caused the price crash as supply massively exceeded demand. The post also states that the majority of rings which were accidentally brought into the game have been removed[3]. Despite this, the Archers' ring is now worth only Coins 1000 38,997.

Dropping monsters Edit

Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity
Dagannoth Supreme1561Rare

Comparison with other ringsEdit

Name Requirements Cost Bonuses Notes
Ring of death Ring of death None Coins 1000 8,489,444 25 in all attack styles
3 prayer
  • Highest attack bonuses of any ring overall
  • Has a passive effect that may heal the player after killing a target
  • Degrades from full charge after 10 hours of combat, however can be recharged by 50% with a cut onyx (meaning 100% would cost Coins 1000 2,172,820)
Leviathan ring Superior leviathan ring 90 Crafting-icon to make
85 Defence-icon
85 Constitution-icon
100 Pearls to make 15 in all attack styles
43 armour rating
  • Highest armour rating of any ring
  • Has a passive effect where it gives the player a 5% chance to half incoming damage for that hit.
  • Degrades from full charge after 12 hours of combat, however can be recharged for Coins 1000 300,000 with 99 Smithing at an armour stand.
Asylum surgeon's ring Asylum surgeon's ring 85 Defence-icon
Completion of all Broken Home Challenges
Coins 1000 500,000 to reclaim 23 in all attack styles
  • Second highest attack bonuses of any ring overall
  • Has a passive effect where it gives the player a 10% chance to prevent adrenaline loss when using threshold abilities. It also has a 40% chance of saving a quarter of a special attack's original cost (e.g. 60% becomes 45%).
Onyx ring (i) Onyx ring (i) 300 Mobilising Armies rating Coins 1000 870,746
144,100 Reward Credits
21 in all attack styles
22 armour rating
  • Third highest attack bonuses of any ring overall
  • Second highest armour rating of any ring
Sixth-Age circuit Sixth-Age circuit Completion of The World Wakes alongside all the optional requirements Free 21 in all attack styles
12 armour rating
  • Fourth highest attack bonuses of any ring overall
  • Free to reclaim if lost
Berserker ring (i) Berserker ring (i) 300 Mobilising Armies rating Coins 1000 753,539;
Coins 1000 454,472;
Coins 1000 231,659;
Coins 1000 38,997;
205,900 Reward Credits
17 in all attack styles
19 armour rating
  • Fifth highest attack bonuses of any ring overall
Seers' ring (i) Seers' ring (i)
Warrior ring (i) Warrior ring (i)
Archers' ring (i) Archers' ring (i)
25 in aligned attack style
  • Highest attack bonus in aligned attack style
Berserker ring Berserker ring None Coins 1000 753,539
Coins 1000 454,472
Coins 1000 231,659
Coins 1000 38,997
12 in all attack styles
5 armour rating
Seers' ring Seers' ring
Warrior ring Warrior ring
Archers' ring Archers' ring
17 in aligned attack style
Ring of vigour Ring of vigour 62 Attack-icon
62 Dungeoneering-icon
50,000 Dungeoneering tokens None
  • If an ultimate ability is used while this ring is worn, the wearer will retain 10% adrenaline afterwards
  • Has no combat stats

TriviaEdit

  • The symbol on top of the ring appears to be an arrow, representing the Range attack bonus of the ring.
  • As of 14 February 2012, this ring was beaten by the Tokkul-Zo, which gives +4 in all offensive bonuses and defensive bonuses, although the Tokkul-Zo still falls short of the imbued version. With the EoC Update, the Archer's Ring now gives a higher Ranged Critical Damage bonus.

ReferencesEdit

  1. ^ [1]Mod Tyran's initial post.
  2. ^ [2]Mod Tryan's second post
  3. ^ [3]Mod Jane's explanation

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki