|Release date||28 July 2009 (Update)|
|XP per kill||419 (and 138.3 experience)|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Always drops||Big bones|
|Examine text||It has a light on its forehead. What a pretty light... So shiny!|
The Aquanite is a Slayer monster that requires a Slayer level of 78 to kill and was announced by Jagex in a Guaranteed Content poll on 17 June 2009 and subsequently released on 28 July 2009. The poll asked players which name for the new monster they preferred: Aquanite, Gilidrixon, Amphibrath, Lanterwyn, or Anglibian. All of the names were suggested by players on the RuneScape Forums thread "Name A Slayer Creature" in "Suggestions - Monster and NPC". The name Aquanite won the Guaranteed Content Poll over Gilidrixon by 159 votes.
There is another, faster way for those without 81 Agility. Using a ring of slaying to teleport to Sumona, players run down the Desert Slayer Dungeon into either the Kurask or Turoth rooms, and use the portal, making players have a little walk to their lair. Otherwise, if players do not want to waste points for buying/making a ring of slaying, the Bandit Camp's lodestone or the Al-Kharid lodestone will suffice enough.
Using the Bandit camp lodestone, players will run east to the Desert Slayer Dungeon, or if needed, go down the Smokey Well to avoid unnesscary desert heat damage. If using the Al-Kharid lodestone, stock up at the Shantay pass, and bring either 205-400 coins and head to Pollnivneach.
With the new release of the slayer masks on the Squeal of Fortune, some players who recieved the Mask of the Kura may simply use that to teleport to the Kurasks in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon and run to the Aquanites from there.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Big bones 1 Always 441
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 12,886 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 30–49, 100 Common 390–1,300 Air rune 40 Common 520 Nature rune 4 Uncommon 448 Death rune 3 Uncommon 279 Blood rune 3 Uncommon 498 Soul rune 3–6 Uncommon 369–738
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water battlestaff 1 Uncommon 8,757 Air battlestaff 1 Rare 8,620 Amulet of ranging 1 Rare 98,474
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamant bolts 10 Common 860 Runite bolts 5 Common 1,890 Rune dart 10 Common 980
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Morchella mushroom spore 4 Uncommon 1,176 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 52 Cactus seed 1 Uncommon 27 Belladonna seed 1 Uncommon 34 Avantoe seed 1 Uncommon 1,989 Toadflax seed 1 Uncommon 623 Cadantine seed 1 Uncommon 2,038 Irit seed 1 Uncommon 66 Kwuarm seed 1 Uncommon 311 Fellstalk seed 1 Uncommon 509 Ranarr seed 1 Rare 877 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,360 Lantadyme seed 1 Rare 34,200 Dwarf weed seed 1 Rare 36,586 Torstol seed 1 Rare 70,221
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 516 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 43 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 612 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,169 Grimy irit 1 Uncommon 1,772 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,171 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,557 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 2,538 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 7,733 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 8,069
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Raw lobster 1–3 Common 134–402 Raw swordfish 1–2 Common 291–582 Raw shark 1 Common 982
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 500 Common Not sold Seaweed 3–6 (noted) Common 1,311–2,622 Snape grass 3 (noted) Common 864 Pelvis bone 1 Common Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Uncommon Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Curved bone 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- The examine is a reference to a line that Dory said in the movie Finding Nemo.
- The new item that came out along with Aquanite was the Amulet of ranging which increases range attack and magic defence bonuses by a moderate amount.
- Previously, Kuradal could not assign Aquanites as a task. However, with the Shattered Heart update on 3 March 2010, the ability to be assigned Aquanites can be purchased for 50 Slayer points. Once unlocked, they cannot be removed from the assignments list except through the use of using one of the cancellation slots.
- It has duck-like webbed feet, a bioluminescent light hanging from its forehead like that of an angler fish, and a head with whiskers like a catfish. This monster, therefore, seems to be a mixture of several different real life animals (a cat fish (head), an anglerfish (the "lantern" on his head), and maybe a frog (paws), a lizard (skin)).
- This is one of the few higher-levelled Slayer monsters that do not have access to the Rare drop table.
- In a hidden update in February, Jagex increased the defence of Aquanite because "Too many low-levelled players can kill them very easily".