|Release date||28 July 2009 (Update)|
|XP per kill||399 (and 131.6 experience)|
|Always drops||Big bones|
|Examine text||It has a light on its forehead. What a pretty light... So shiny!|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
The Aquanite is a Slayer monster that requires a Slayer level of 78 to kill and was announced by Jagex in a Guaranteed Content poll on 17 June 2009 and subsequently released on 28 July 2009. The poll asked players which name for the new monster they preferred: Aquanite, Gilidrixon, Amphibrath, Lanterwyn, or Anglibian. All of the names were suggested by players on the RuneScape Forums thread "Name A Slayer Creature" in "Suggestions - Monster and NPC". The name Aquanite won the Guaranteed Content Poll over Gilidrixon by 159 votes.
There is another, faster way for those without 81 Agility. Using a ring of slaying to teleport to Sumona, players run down the Desert Slayer Dungeon into either the Kurask or Turoth rooms, and use the portal, making players have a little walk to their lair. Otherwise, if players do not want to waste points for buying/making a ring of slaying, the Bandit Camp's lodestone or the Al-Kharid lodestone will suffice.
Using the Bandit camp lodestone, players will run east to the Desert Slayer Dungeon, or if needed, go down the Smokey Well to avoid unnesscary desert heat damage. If using the Al-Kharid lodestone, stock up at the Shantay pass, and bring either 205-400 coins and head to Pollnivneach.
With the new release of the slayer masks on the Squeal of Fortune, some players who recieved the Mask of the Kura may simply use that to teleport to the Kurasks in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon and run to the Aquanites from there.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Big bones 1 Always 527
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 18,678 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 30–49, 100 Common 570–1,900 Air rune 40 Common 1,120 Nature rune 4 Uncommon 1,064 Death rune 3 Uncommon 285 Blood rune 3 Uncommon 735 Soul rune 3–6 Uncommon 369–738
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water battlestaff 1 Uncommon 8,231 Air battlestaff 1 Rare 8,250 Amulet of ranging 1 Rare 72,449
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Adamant bolts 10 Common 670 Runite bolts 5 Common 885 Rune dart 10 Common 990
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Morchella mushroom spore 4 Uncommon 1,848 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 48 Cactus seed 1 Uncommon 24 Belladonna seed 1 Uncommon 99 Avantoe seed 1 Uncommon 3,098 Toadflax seed 1 Uncommon 2,402 Cadantine seed 1 Uncommon 3,222 Irit seed 1 Uncommon 223 Kwuarm seed 1 Uncommon 307 Fellstalk seed 1 Uncommon 592 Ranarr seed 1 Rare 809 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,500 Lantadyme seed 1 Rare 43,668 Dwarf weed seed 1 Rare 57,444 Torstol seed 1 Rare 20,077
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 540 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 65 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 193 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 1,980 Grimy irit 1 Uncommon 2,963 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,911 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,647 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 3,301 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 10,508 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 12,264
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Raw lobster 1–3 Common 177–531 Raw swordfish 1–2 Common 294–588 Raw shark 1 Common 1,674
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 500 Common Not sold Seaweed 3–6 (noted) Common 1,368–2,736 Snape grass 3 (noted) Common 1,839 Pelvis bone 1 Common Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Uncommon Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Curved bone 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Sirenic scale 1 Very rare 1,237,498
- The examine is a reference to the movie Finding Nemo.
- Previously, Kuradal could not assign Aquanites as a task. However, with the Shattered Heart update on 3 March 2010, the ability to be assigned Aquanites can be purchased for 50 Slayer points. Once unlocked, they can be toggled off (though in order to toggle back on, they must be purchased again for 50 slayer points), or removed from the assignments list through the use of using one of the cancellation slots.
- It has duck-like webbed feet, a bioluminescent light hanging from its forehead like that of an Anglerfish, and a head with whiskers like a catfish. This monster, therefore, seems to be a mixture of several different real life animals (a cat fish (head), an anglerfish (the "lantern" on his head), and maybe a frog (paws), a lizard (skin)).
- This is one of the few higher-levelled Slayer monsters that do not have access to the Rare drop table. However, a Ring of Wealth will still improve drops.
- In a hidden update in February, Jagex increased the defence of Aquanite because "Too many low-levelled players can kill them very easily".