|Release date||28 February 2005 (Update)|
|Members?||Yes - Lumbridge/Draynor versions are for non-Members|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Destroy|| •Are you sure you want to destroy the lamp? You won't be able to get another one.|
•You cannot replace this lamp.
Missing, Presumed Death:
You can not get a replacement for the ancient lamp.
Rub it to get your reward. It is destroyed in the process.
|On death||Never kept|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||I wonder what happens if I rub it.|
Antique lamps (referred to as Magic lamps in tasks) are rewards from miniquests. Like regular lamps, these lamps grant a player experience in a chosen skill, and the skill chosen must usually be over a certain level which is unboostable. The 500 experience lamp given from Myths of the White Lands does not require a level. All lamps except the one from Recipe for Disaster cannot be banked. If you try to bank an antique lamp, a message will pop up saying "A magical force prevents you from banking this item." It is recommended that players use these lamps on skills that are slow and/or expensive to train, such as Slayer, Agility, Farming, Herblore, Summoning, Construction, or Prayer.
There is a glitch where it says you need to select a skill when you already did, and it may even say you have levelled up 0 times, or even say that you got to a combat level again with 2 lamps.
- Karamja Tasks: 6 magic lamps giving 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 30,000, 55,000, and 55,000 experience.
- Varrock Tasks: 7 magic lamps giving 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 30,000, 40,000, 40,000, and 40,000 experience.
- Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks: 4 magic lamps giving 500, 1,000, 1,500 and 9,000 experience, and these lamps are for both members and free players.
- Fremennik Tasks: 8 magic lamps giving 5,000, 10,000, 15,000, 30,000, 30,000, 30,000, 30,000 and 40,000 experience.
- Falador Tasks: 7 magic lamps giving 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 30,000, 30,000, 50,000, and 50,000 experience.
- Morytania Tasks: 4 magic lamps giving 4,000, 10,000, 40,000, 50,000.
- Seers' Village Tasks: 8 magic lamps giving 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 25,000, 30,000, 30,000, 30,000, and 30,000 experience.
- Ardougne Tasks: 7 magic lamps giving 1,000, 7,500, 28,000, 50,000, 50,000, 50,000, and 50,000 experience.
- Desert Tasks: 7 magic lamps giving 2,000, 8,000, 20,000, 30,000, 30,000, 50,000, and 50,000 experience.
- Daemonheim Tasks: 7 magic lamps giving 2,000, 8,000, 20,000, 50,000, 50,000, 50,000, and 60,000 experience.
- Troll Warzone: Antique lamps for Cooking, Mining and Woodcutting.
- One Small Favour: One of the rewards is 2 antique lamps, each giving 10,000 experience in the chosen skill above level 30.
- Varrock Museum: 5 antique lamps, one of which gives 10,000 experience in the chosen skill above level 50.
- King's Ransom: 1 antique lamp is given granting 5,000 experience to any skill level 50 or above.
- Misthalin Training Centre of Excellence: 2 antique lamps granting 500 experience each to any skill, and these lamps are for both members and free-to-play players. The lamps COULD originally be banked, but did NOT stack in the bank. However, following the update of the Lumbridge and Draynor tasks, removing these lamps from your bank meant that you could not put them back in; it merely said "A magical force prevents you from banking this item." After yet another Jagex update, players are prevented from taking the test, try as they might through conversations with Professor Henry, with the lamps instead having been added to the rewards in the hidden chest of the Stronghold of Player Safety.
- Myths of the White Lands: A 500 experience lamp is awarded from Explorer Jack as a quest reward.
- Lumbridge: Two lamps (250 xp each) from Sir Vant, the White knight in the basement of Roddeck's house in Lumbridge, directly east of the general store. You have to offer to kill the Dragon for him. (You may only use these lamps to increase a skill that you learned about while helping Sir Vant: Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Ranged, Magic, Mining, Smithing, Fishing, Cooking, Firemaking, Woodcutting or Prayer.)
- Glorious Memories: A 2500 experience lamp in the chosen skill given above level 35 as an extra reward by Baba Yaga on Lunar Isle.
- The Tale of the Muspah: A 200 experience lamp after speaking with the Natural historian after the quest.
- Recipe for Disaster has a reward of 1 antique lamp granting 20,000 experience in any skill above level 50.
- Stronghold of Player Safety: 2 antique lamps granting 500xp in any skill.
- Gunnar's Ground: 1 Antique lamp granting 200xp in any skill above level 5.
- Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen awards one antique lamp granting 2500 experience.
- The Elder Kiln: one lamp giving 100,000 xp in one of Attack, Strength, Defence, Magic or Ranged.
- The Brink of Extinction: one lamp giving 275,000 xp in Attack, Strength, Defence, Magic or Ranged as long as they're above level 80.
- Defeating TokHaar-Hok in the Fight Cauldron: one lamp giving 20,000 xp in either Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Magic, Ranged, Summoning, Prayer, Herblore or Slayer.
- Missing, Presumed Death: one antique lamp granting 30,000 experience in a chosen skill that is at least level 75. Received as an additional reward by talking to the statue of Death at the Empyrean Citadel.