For the ankous found in Daemonheim, see Ankou (Daemonheim).
|Release date||4 July 2006 (Update)|
|Combat level||86, 88, 90|
|XP per kill||176 (and 58.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A bony ghost.|
Ankou are undead monsters found on the fourth level of the Stronghold of Security, in the Wilderness Volcano, and in the Forinthry Dungeon. They are described by Vannaka, a Slayer Master, as "neither skeleton nor ghost, but a combination of both." The level 88 ankous have a maximum hit of 150. The highest-level ankous are one of the strongest monsters open to non-members, surpassed only by greater demons, hellhounds and certain revenants. This monster is a very popular monster to train in members worlds because of its decent blood rune and death rune drops and their weakness against melee attacks and the Salve amulet. In free worlds, ankous are less often attacked due to their high level and poorer drops, but some players may kill these monsters for their Left skull half drops. Members can use this monster for money making; the drops of blood runes, death runes, battlestaves, pure essence, adamant arrows, and level 3 clue scrolls are a good source of money. However, the popularity of ankous makes it very crowded. Ankous act very similar to attackable human NPCs, and attack by punching.
The ankou is the only monster to drop the left skull half, a component needed to assemble the skull sceptre. It is very helpful to wear Varrock armour while killing these if you want the left skull half, as the chance of receiving a component of the skull sceptre is improved.
- Wilderness Crater (level 22 Wilderness)
- Forinthry Dungeon (level 30 Wilderness)
- Stronghold of Security (Fourth level)
- Daemonheim (Warped Floors)
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 90
Charms (members only)Edit
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 33,150 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Armour and WeaponsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Black robe top 1 Uncommon 66 Adamant arrow 5–14,25 Uncommon 250–1,250 Battlestaff 1 Uncommon 8,331 Black knife 1 Rare 2
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Blood rune 5,6,10,11,12,16 Common 830–2,656 Law rune 2 Common 358 Death rune 10 Common 930
Seeds (members only)Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Belladonna seed 1 Uncommon 34 Cactus seed 1 Uncommon 27 Irit seed 1 Uncommon 66 Kwuarm seed 1 Uncommon 311 Limpwurt seed 1 Uncommon 870 Marrentill seed 1 Uncommon 12 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 52 Strawberry seed 1 Uncommon 335 Tarromin seed 1 Uncommon 4 Toadflax seed 1 Uncommon 623 Whiteberry seed 1 Uncommon 29 Harralander seed 1 Uncommon 9 Nasturtium seed 1 Uncommon 2 Avantoe seed 1 Rare 1,989 Dwarf weed seed 1 Rare 36,586 Jangerberry seed 1 Rare 3 Bittercap mushroom spore 1 Rare 10 Watermelon seed 1 Rare 1,963 Wildblood seed 1 Rare 40 Spirit weed seed 1 Rare 345 Ranarr seed 1 Rare 877
Herbs (members only)Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy harralander 1 Common 612 Grimy marrentill 1 Common 43 Grimy guam 1 Rare 516 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,171 Grimy irit 1 Uncommon 1,772 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 2,538 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 8,069 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,557 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,169 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 7,733 Grimy tarromin 1 Rare 225
Food (members only)Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 8–500 Common Not sold Rune essence 15 (noted) Uncommon 765 Pure essence 15 (noted) Uncommon 1,290 Mithril ore 3–7,14 (noted) Uncommon 966–4,508 Weapon poison 1 Uncommon 85 Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Left skull half 1 Uncommon Not sold Fire talisman 1 Very rare 1,899 Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Adamant arrow 7–15 Rare 350–750
Rare drop table dropsEdit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- ^ a b c d Members item
- ^ Only dropped on members worlds
- ^ Dropped only in free worlds
- ^ Dropped in Stronghold/ Forinthy Dungeon
- In Breton, the word Ankou means Grim Reaper or Death. It is also a psychopomp (someone who escorts deceased souls to the afterlife) in Breton mythology.
- Although the examine info says, "A bony ghost," they do not count towards a Slayer assignment of ghosts.
- Ankous located in the Forinthry Dungeon can drop a left skull half, this glitch has yet to be fixed.
- It appears that when an ankou drops a Left skull half, it'll usually drop a seed/item or a battlestaff too. For non-members an ankou will usually drop a gem as well as the Left skull half.