|Release date||12 June 2006 (Update)|
|XP per kill||79.8 (and 26.3 experience)|
|Examine text||Animated black armour.|
Animated Black Armour can be summoned in the Warriors' Guild by placing a Black platebody, Black platelegs and a Black full helm on the Magical Animator on the ground floor. Occasionally, your armour will not be dropped and instead will be destroyed in the fight, but you will get your armour back most of the time after fighting.
The Animated Black Armour is weak against crush attacks, though any melee weapon will suffice due to its relatively low level.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Black full helm 1 Common 510 Black platebody 1 Common 1,941 Black platelegs 1 Common 2,378
Note: You will almost always get all three armour pieces back.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- The Animated Black Armour has an attacking speed of a scimitar, despite wielding a longsword.
- Even though the Animated Black Armour has a longsword, a longsword is not required to animate the set.
- The Animated Black Armour was not graphically updated with the player-worn armour sets on 6 March 2012. An update on 24 June 2013 changed the Animated Black Armour to its modern-day version. Before this update, it appeared to be trimmed armour, and wielded a steel longsword.
- Prior to an update on 18 August 2014, Animated Black Armour was weak to water spells, even though players could not use magic against it.