|Release||30 January 2017 (Update)|
|Her pure power has increased, energy can be seen radiating through her hands.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|480 / 320 / 160|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Nex: Angel of Death is an alternate of the original Nex encounter (often referred to as "hard mode" Nex). The entrance to her arena is a hidden door found to the south of the magical barrier to the original Nex encounter, which requires a Frozen key and either 40 Zarosian kills or a set of Ancient ceremonial robes. As such, players require 70 Agility, Constitution, Ranged and Strength to access this extension.
Like Vorago, a team size of 5-7 players is recommended for the fight. Up to 50 players may battle Nex, though this does not affect her actual strength; she will retain her stats, but instead more players will be targeted by some of her attacks. All kills are performed in an instance, which has no costs. Each instance only lasts for one kill.
There are two lore books, The Promised Gift and The Praesul. These books explain the story behind Nex's relationship to Zaros, including the mention of Zaros preparing to give something to Nex which is made in Children of Mah. All players will obtain this drop, provided that they participated and survived the encounter. Reading both of these books is a requirement for the master quest cape. Once obtained, they will no longer be dropped.
Possible rewards also include tier 92 dual wield magic weapons: the Wand of the praesul and the Imperium core. The praesul codex unlocks one of three level 99 curses; Desolation, Affliction and Malevolence, upgraded versions of Anguish, Torment and Turmoil respectively. There are also four chest drops which are tradeable: intricate shadow chest, intricate blood chest, intricate ice chest, and intricate smoke-shrouded chest. These chests can be used to unlock cosmetic battle robes from all four of Nex's mages: Cruor, Fumus, Glacies, and Umbra battle robes.
Obtaining all of Nex: Angel of Death unique drops will unlock the [Name] of the Praesul title.
If battling Nex in a team of more than 7 players, the drop rate for unique items are significantly reduced.
Nex has two drop tables. The first drop table is the main drop table, where unique items can be rolled (this is also required to access the blood tentacle). Drops here are awarded to the top 7 contributors to the fight. This includes up to 5 damage dealers and 2 tanks.
A second, inferior drop table is awarded to the top 3 players who contributed in the fight but were not eligible to roll for the main drop table. This is only accessible when fighting Nex in a group of 7 or larger.
|The Promised Gift||1||Always||Not sold|
|The Praesul||1||Always||Not sold|
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,432 kills.|
25 charms are dropped at a time.
These drops are awarded to the top 7 contributors in the fight. Note that the wand of the praesul, imperium core and praesul codex drops are limited to one per kill, if at all. Chests on the other hand, are not limited.
|Ascendri bolts (e)||60–77||Uncommon||580,740–745,283|
|Crystal triskelion||1||Common||Not sold|
|Onyx bolt tips||73–89||Uncommon||498,955–608,315|
|Rune 2h crossbow||20–69||Uncommon||156,440–539,718|
|Wand of the praesul||1||Very rare||1,389,052,209|
|Imperium core||1||Very rare||335,706,888|
|Intricate smoke-shrouded chest||1||Very rare||227,618,080|
|Intricate shadow chest||1||Very rare||318,934,598|
|Intricate blood stained chest||1||Very rare||378,367,306|
|Intricate ice chest||1||Very rare||311,353,664|
This can only be awarded by those who have access to either drop table.
|Blood tentacle||1||Very rare[d 1]||Not sold|
These drops are awarded to next 3 players (if applicable) after the main drop table is rolled.
|Wine of Zamorak||3–20||Uncommon||30,723–204,820|
|Super restore (3)||14–23 (noted)||Common||56,714–93,173|
|Saradomin brew (3)||6–16 (noted)||Common||39,756–106,016|
- Upon release, the wand of the praesul and imperium core were dropped more commonly than intended. Jagex increased their rarity later the same day.
- Upon release, there were several bugs with the fight, all of which have been fixed:
- For every Nex: Angel of Death kill you obtained, you would also gain 1 Prestige when quickchatting your killcount, which normally only happens upon reaching 60,000 kills.
- If a player died in the fight but was eligible for a drop, the drop would still appear. Thus, all tradeable drops left behind could still be picked up by other players as long as they did not leave the chamber.
- Nex was able to be provoked from the viewing platform but could not attack players standing there so she could be easily killed by players with no risk.
- Based on player feedback, Nex was given several changes on 19 June 2017:
- The two lore books (which are master quest cape requirements) can now be obtained by all players by searching the exit pedestal.
- Dominion mines could be used in the arena.
- Players trapped under an icicle during phase 3 can no longer be targeted by a shadow trap during the final phase. Prior to this, it was possible for this to happen and would outright kill the trapped player. There are still some circumstances that occur where players can still be targeted by a shadow trap while pinned by an icicle.
- The name of the player who interacts with the mysterious energy is broadcast throughout the arena.