|Release||30 January 2017 (Update)|
|Her pure power has increased, energy can be seen radiating through her hands.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|480 / 320 / 160|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Nex: Angel of Death is an extension of Nex, the Zarosian general of the God Wars Dungeon. Up to 50 players may enter the fight, but a group size of 5-7 players is recommended. The entrance to her arena is a hidden door found to the south of the magical barrier to the original Nex encounter, which requires a Frozen key and either 40 Zarosian kills or a set of Ancient ceremonial robes.
Similar to Vorago, the difficulty of the fight is affected by the number of players present in a group. This does not affect Nex's strength, as she will still retain her normal max hits and health; instead, the amount of people affected by some of her special attacks increases. Each instance only lasts for one kill, but there are no fees required to create one. Defeating this boss once is a completionist cape requirement as part of the Reaper title.
Nex has a lower unique item drop rate if there are more than 7 players. Nex has two drop tables: a main drop table and a side drop table. The main drop table is given to the top 7 players in the team: up to 2 players who have taken the most damage from Nex (base and backup tanks) and up to 5 players with the highest damage dealt. The side drop table is given to the next 3 players who have dealt the most damage to her. The rewards from the side drop table are worth less than those from the main table. Drops are placed in the centre of the room.
Additional rewards include two lore books, The Promised Gift and The Praesul. These books explain the story behind Nex's relationship to Zaros, including the mention of Zaros preparing to give something to Nex which is made in Children of Mah. All players who participate and defeat Nex in the Angel of Death encounter will be able to obtain the lore book drops from the exit pillar. This is regardless of the amount of damage dealt for ease of access.
Obtaining and reading these journals is a master quest cape requirement. Once these journals are obtained, they will no longer be dropped.
Among the possible rewards from the main drops are three curses: Malevolence, Desolation, and Affliction. These are stronger versions of the Turmoil, Anguish, and Torment curses but have a higher drain rate. They are dropped in the form of one tradeable book, the Praesul codex, which unlocks one curse of your choice.
Possible rewards also include tier 92 dual wield magic weapons: the Wand of the praesul and the Imperium core. There are also four chest drops which are tradeable: intricate shadow chest, intricate blood chest, intricate ice chest, and intricate smoke-shrouded chest. These chests can be used to unlock cosmetic battle robes from all four of Nex's mages: Cruor, Fumus, Glacies, and Umbra battle robes.
|The Promised Gift||1||Always||Not sold|
|The Praesul||1||Always||Not sold|
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,432 kills.|
25 charms are dropped at a time.
These drops are awarded to the top 7 damage dealers in the fight.
|Ascendri bolts (e)||60–75||Uncommon||586,200–732,750|
|Crystal triskelion||1||Common||Not sold|
|Onyx bolt tips||73–89||Uncommon||497,276–606,268|
|Rune 2h crossbow||20–69||Uncommon||150,120–517,914|
|Wand of the praesul||1||Very rare||1,432,082,024|
|Imperium core||1||Very rare||260,923,814|
|Intricate smoke-shrouded chest||1||Very rare||253,962,963|
|Intricate shadow chest||1||Very rare||318,934,598|
|Intricate blood stained chest||1||Very rare||580,000,000|
|Intricate ice chest||1||Very rare||440,929,816|
This can only be awarded by those who have access to either drop table.
|Blood tentacle||1||Very rare[d 1]||Not sold|
These drops are awarded to next 3 players (if applicable) after the main drop table is rolled.
|Wine of Zamorak||3–20||Uncommon||30,591–203,940|
|Super restore (3)||14–23 (noted)||Common||71,330–117,185|
|Saradomin brew (3)||6–16 (noted)||Common||41,616–110,976|
- Upon release, the wand of the praesul and imperium core were dropped more commonly than intended. Jagex increased their rarity later the same day.
- Upon release, there were several bugs with the fight, all of which have been fixed:
- For every Nex: Angel of Death kill you obtained, you would also gain 1 Prestige when quickchatting your killcount, which normally only happens upon reaching 60,000 kills.
- If a player died in the fight but was eligible for a drop, the drop would still appear. Thus, all tradeable drops left behind could still be picked up by other players as long as they did not leave the chamber.
- Nex was able to be provoked from the viewing platform but could not attack players standing there so she could be easily killed by players with no risk.
- Based on player feedback, Nex was given several changes on 19 June 2017:
- The two lore books (which are master quest cape requirements) can now be obtained by all players by searching the exit pedestal.
- Dominion mines could be used in the arena.
- Players trapped under an icicle during phase 3 can no longer be targeted by a shadow trap during the final phase. Prior to this, it was possible for this to happen and would outright kill the trapped player. There are still some circumstances that occur where players can still be targeted by a shadow trap while pinned by an icicle.
- The name of the player who interacts with the mysterious energy is broadcasted throughout the arena.