This article is about the God book. For the book used in 'In Aid of the Myreque', see Ancient book (In Aid of the Myreque).
|Release date||4 August 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||600 coins|
|Low Alch||400 coins|
|Store price|| 5,000 coins|
|Examine||The holy book of a forgotten god.|
It has the same Inventory image as the Book of the Gods.
After completion of One Piercing Note, if the book has all four pages, and you have 60 crafting and 60 prayer, you can use it to create an Illuminated ancient book. This grants you 10,000 prayer experience (for the first time only) and leaves you with both the Ancient book and an Illuminated ancient book.
Filling the Ancient Book with all pages currently costs 1,419,371 coins.
A player wielding the ancient book
|[view] • [talk]|
- Ye faithful and loyal to the Great Lord, May ye together succeed in your deeds, Ye are now joined by the greatest power.
- Thy faith faltered, no power could save thee. Like the Great Lord, one day you shall rise again.
- By day or night, in defeat or victory, The power of the Great Lord be with thee.
- Though your enemies wish to silence thee, Do not falter, defy them to the end. Power to the Great Lord!
- The followers of the Great Lord are few, But they are powerful and mighty. Power to the Great Lord!
- Follower of the Great Lord be relieved: One day your loyalty will be rewarded. Power to the Great Lord!
- Pray for the day that the Great Lord rises; It is that day thou shalt be rewarded. Power to the Great Lord!
- Oppressed thou art, but fear not: The day will come when the Great Lord rises. Power to the Great Lord!
- Fighting oppression is the wisest way, To prove your worth to the Great Lord. Power to the Great Lord!
- The Book of War and the Ancient Book are the only two that do not mention the God's name when reading from them.
- If The Ancient Book followed the same naming conventions as the other God Books, it may have been called The Book of Control or The Book of Fate.
|Book of Wisdom|
|Book of Balance|
|Book of Chaos|
|Book of Law|
|Book of War|
Holy book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of balance(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Unholy book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Ancient book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of law(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of war(+2) (Illuminated(+4))
Citharede symbol(+4) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+2) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5) • Desert amulet 2(+1)-3(+2)-4(+3)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Enhanced ancient staff(+2)
(+) Prayer bonus