|Release date||14 August 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You will need to collect more orts if you destroy these.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A magical rock.|
Anagogic orts are gained by killing monsters or skilling, whilst in a clan. A maximum of 200 orts can be picked up each day, regardless of means, with the timer resetting at midnight UTC. Orts are given to the Clan Avatar, usually to obtain buffs (e.g., bonus xp while on the same world as the avatar) by giving 300 per week either at the avatar itself or at the Quartermaster.
Skilling players will also receive a message to let them know they got some, saying: Some anagogic orts fall to the floor. This message may be filtered and will not appear unless the player has their game chat set to all. Orts are dropped on the floor under the player's feet even if the player has spare inventory space. Players receive between 1 and 33 orts a time from skilling. Anagogic orts may be obtained from skilling in clan citadels and in the runespan . You do not need to be a full member of a clan to obtain anagogic orts.
They can also be received as a drop from monsters that drop unnoted herbs and Rare drop table drops. For example, a Goblin drops herbs, so it is eligible for dropping orts. Although bosses like General Graardor do not have any unnoted herb drops, he has access to the Rare drop table, so he will drop orts instead. Bosses that drop multiple rare drop table drops at a time, such as Nex, will drop 40 orts instead (20 for each rare drop table item).If you don't want to get Anagogic orts as a drop from skilling or combat you can talk to Captain of the Guard found in Clan Camp and select "How do I stop getting anagogic orts?" You will get a message saying "Are you sure you want to turn OFF anagogic ort drops?" to which you would reply with yes.
Warning! If you attempt to leave your clan, you will lose any anagogic orts you have collected so far.
|20||Most monsters that drop unnoted herbs, seeds or 1 RDT drop.|
|40||Monsters that drop 2 RDT drops, RDT drop from Tormented Demons|
|100||RDT drop from the Kalphite King|
|120||"Uncuts" drop from the Corporeal Beast|
Some skills, unlike others, do NOT drop anagogic orts. The following do not drop them:
- Ort is a Middle English word meaning left-over, turned to a whole, or a leftover scrap from a meal.
- Anagogic is the adjective form of anagoge, which means "The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense (especially in Biblical criticism)."
- After the first day of release, the colour of the message saying some orts fell on the floor was changed from white to green.
- There was a glitch with the skypouncer and bloodhound pets that allows you to gather more than 200 orts a day. Any orts picked up by their scavenge ability would not count towards the cap of 200 orts a day. This has been fixed.
- Any ort obtained while making flatpacks appears under your workbench's stool and when you stand up it appears on top of the stool.
- It is impossible for Ironman and Hardcore Ironman accounts to receive orts.