|Release||14 August 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||You will need to collect more orts if you destroy these.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||A magical rock.|
Anagogic orts are rocks gained by members when killing monsters or skilling whilst in a clan. A maximum of 200 orts can be picked up daily, with the timer resetting at midnight UTC when the player is able to collect more. They are given to the Clan Avatar, usually to obtain buffs (e.g., 3% bonus experience while on the same world as the avatar, 6% when standing 10 steps or closer to the avatar) by giving 300 per week either at the avatar itself or to the Quartermaster. Accounts playing on Ironman Mode cannot receive anagogic orts. These were made into a virtual currency with the 11 January 2016 update, but all existing orts still remained and can be converted. The current limit of orts that a player can have at any time in storage is 200,000.
Orts are dropped by monsters that also drop unnoted herbs or have access to the rare drop table. For example, goblins drop herbs, so they are eligible for dropping orts. Although bosses like General Graardor do not have any unnoted herb drops, they do have access to the rare drop table, so they will drop orts as well. Bosses that drop multiple rare drop table drops at a time, such as Nex, will drop 40 orts instead (20 for each rare drop table item).
Skilling players receive a message to let them know they got some, saying: "Some anagogic orts fall to the floor." This message may be filtered and will not appear unless the player has their game chat set to all. Since 11 January 2016, the anagogic orts picked up are sent to storage instead of being kept in the inventory; the message now says "You now have x/200,000 orts in storage." Orts are dropped on the floor under the player's feet even if the player has spare inventory space. Players receive between 1 and 33 orts a time from skilling, and do not need to be a full member of a clan to obtain anagogic orts.
Players can stop receiving orts as a drop by talking to Captain of the Guard found in the Clan Camp, selecting "How do I stop getting anagogic orts?", and responding "Yes" to "Are you sure you want to turn OFF anagogic ort drops?"
Ways to receive anagogic ortsEdit
|20||Most monsters that drop unnoted herbs, seeds or 1 RDT drop.|
|40||Monsters that drop 2 RDT drops, RDT drop from Tormented Demons|
|100||RDT drop from the Kalphite King|
|120||"Uncuts" drop from the Corporeal Beast|
The following skills do not drop anagogic orts:
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Aberrant spectre||72; 78||20–60||Common|
|Cyclops||57; 63; 68; 91||20||Common|
|Dust devil (elite)||95||20||Common|
|Earth warrior (elite)||88||20||Common|
|Ghast||28; 35; 63; 91||20||Common|
|Man||1; 2; 4||4–15||Common|
|Mutated bloodveld||91; 95||20||Uncommon|
|Mutated zygomite||58; 65||20||Common|
|Suqah||73; 74; 79||20||Uncommon|
|Undead troll||77; 81; 86; 95||20||Common|
|Zombie||11; 12; 22; 29; 72; 74; 75; 77; 78; 79; 82; 84; 85||20||Common|
- According to Mod Maz, anagogic orts are bits of the Clan Citadel island which have fallen to the surface of Gielinor 
- Ort is a Middle English word meaning left-over, turned to a whole, or a leftover scrap from a meal. Anagogic is the adjective form of anagoge, which means "The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense (especially in Biblical criticism)."
- After the first day of release, the colour of the message saying some orts fell on the floor was changed from white to green.
- There was a glitch with the skypouncer and bloodpouncer pets that allowed you to gather more than 200 orts a day. Any orts picked up by their scavenge ability would not count towards the cap of 200 orts. This has since been fixed.
- Up until an update some time around March or April 2015, orts would not be dropped whilst Barbarian fishing. After this update, orts are now dropped whilst Barbarian fishing.
- At the Summer beach party, players can get Orts from Palm Tree Farming, Sandcastle Building, and Hook a Duck.
- Orts used to be lost when leaving a clan, however this has been changed so players keep the orts which they have gathered if they leave their clan.