|Release date||14 August 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You will need to collect more orts if you destroy these.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A magical rock.|
Anagogic orts are gained by killing monsters or skilling. A maximum of 200 orts can be picked up each day, regardless of means, with the timer resetting at midnight UTC. Orts are given to the Clan Avatar, usually to obtain buffs (e.g., bonus xp while on the same world as the avatar) by giving 300 per week either at the avatar itself or at the Quartermaster.
Skilling players will also receive a message to let them know they got some, saying: Some anagogic orts fall to the floor. This message may be filtered and will not appear unless the player has their game chat set to all. Orts are dropped on the floor under the player's feet even if the player has spare inventory space. Players receive between 1 and 33 orts a time from skilling. Anagogic orts may be obtained from skilling in clan citadels or skilling in the runespan. You do not need to be a full member of a clan to obtain anagogic orts.
They can also be received as a drop from monsters, in which case they will appear with the rest of the drops as an extra. 20-200 orts can be gained at a time from combat, which is based on the combat level of the monster. Drops of 20 at a time appear to be the most common. If players are close to their daily limit, then their next ort drop will only be the amount needed, regardless of what that monster's normal drop amount is (e.g. a player at abyssal demons who has 197 orts already will get 3 orts on their next drop). When reaching the daily limit, the player receives the following in-game message: You've already reached your ort daily limit. Orts gained from combat will always drop with either a rare drop table drop, a seed (excluding Herblore habitat and fellstalk seeds) or an unnoted herb. For players with 60 Slayer and 100+ combat, aberrant spectres are a fast way of collecting orts.If you don't want to get Anagogic orts as a drop from skilling or combat you can talk to Captain of the Guard found in Clan Camp and select "How do I stop getting anagogic orts?" You will get a message saying "Are you sure you want to turn OFF anagogic ort drops?" to which you would reply with yes.
Warning! If you attempt to leave your clan, you will lose any anagogic orts you have collected so far.
|Green dragons, glacors, Ankous|
|40||Abyssal demons, aberrant spectres, al kharid warrior, bandits, banshee, black dragons, cave crawlers, cave horrors, chaos druids, chaos elemental, dark beasts, frost dragons, General Graardor, iron dragons, ganodermic beasts, giant mole, glacors, hobgoblins, kalphite guardians, K'ril Tsutaroth, kurasks, lesser demons mighty banshees, rock crabs, steel dragons, tormented wraith, tormented demons, waterfiends|
Some skills, unlike others, do NOT drop anagogic orts. The following do not drop them:
- Ort is a Middle English word meaning left-over, turned to a whole, or a leftover scrap from a meal.
- Anagogic is the adjective form of anagoge, which means "The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense (especially in Biblical criticism)."
- After the first day of release, the colour of the message saying some orts fell on the floor was changed from white to green.
- There is a glitch with the skypouncer and bloodhound pets that allows you to gather more than 200 orts a day. Any orts picked up by their scavenge ability do not count towards the cap of 200 orts a day. This could be useful on the very first day of joining a clan, but is otherwise useless.
- Any ort obtained while making flatpacks appears under your workbench's stool and when you stand up it appears on top of the stool.