|Release date||2 November 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||The folly of your adventure becomes clear as you wear it.|
The Amulet of zealots is a Dungeoneering reward that, when worn, increases the boost of activated single-stat boosting prayers. The amulet requires a Prayer level of 48 and a Dungeoneering level of 48, costs 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens, and has the highest Prayer penalty of any item.
To single-stat boosting standard prayers and to leech curses, the amulet increases the accuracy and defence gained from them by 10%, and raises their damage boost by a flat 10%. To demonstrate, if a player gained +100 accuracy, +100 defence, and a +6% damage boost from such prayers, the amulet of zealots would raise those values to +110 accuracy, +110 defence, and a +16% damage boost.
Given the nature of these bonuses, players can use the amulet to attain damage boosts significantly larger than those of Turmoil, Anguish, and Torment; however, the accuracy and defence gained under the amulet is poor. Using the amulet also sacrifices the necklace slot and carries a high penalty to prayer drain. The amulet is most viable where the player never misses an attack, their defence is no concern, and high prayer drain is no issue.
A player wearing an amulet of zealots
|[view] • [talk]|
- This item's original name was the Amulet of Hopelessness, as found in the Dungeoneering rewards guide and the level up message. This was changed on 22 November 2011.
- For a time after the Evolution of Combat, the amulet would work with multi-stat prayers and curses. This was patched on 3 July 2013.
- On 7 April 2015 the amulet of zealots was changed to work with leech curses.
- Zealot is Greek for the words emulator, admirer and follower.
- As of 13 July 2015 the amulet of zealots will turn into 20,000 coins if you die with it in the Wilderness.