|Release date||4 October 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||121,200 coins|
|Low Alch||80,800 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||3,218,077 coins (info)|
|Examine||A very powerful onyx amulet.|
An amulet of fury is an onyx amulet that has been enchanted with Enchant Level 6 Jewellery. It is highly popular and well-known for its relatively high bonuses in all areas, which makes it useful for any combat style. Although it is surpassed in several areas by other amulets, the amulet of fury is the best overall amulet in the game.
A player wearing an amulet of fury
|[view] • [talk]|
While the amulet of fury is often used for its high and balanced bonuses, there are several amulets with specific bonuses that equal or surpass those of the amulet of fury.
- Attack bonuses
- Melee attack accuracy: Equal to the amulet of glory
- Ranged accuracy: Equal to the amulet of glory, surpassed by the Amulet of ranging
- Magic accuracy: Equal to the amulet of glory, arcane pulse necklace, and amulet of magic, surpassed by the arcane blast necklace, arcane stream necklace, and third-age amulet
- Defence bonuses
- Melee defence: Unrivalled
- Ranged defence: Unrivalled
- Magic defence: Unrivalled
- Summoning defence: Unrivalled
- Damage absorptions: N/A
- Other bonuses
- Prayer bonus: Surpassed by several items, particularly the holy symbol, unholy symbol, stoles, Split dragontooth necklace, Citharede symbol, and Demon horn necklace
- Strength: Surpassed by the Amulet of strength
- Magic damage: Surpassed by the arcane pulse, blast and stream necklaces
- Atk and Str % bonus: Surpassed by Salve amulet and Salve amulet (e) when fighting the undead
- Damage % bonus: Surpassed by Berserker necklace when wielding an obsidian melee weapon
The market price of the amulet of fury has long been tied to the price of uncut onyx gems, as the only way to obtain an amulet of fury, aside from trading, is to craft one from scratch. However, a few updates have also influenced the amulet's prices. When PvP worlds were released on 15 October 2008, an amulet of fury was a possible reward from killing another player; this further increased its supply, and decreased its price to about 1.7 million coins. However, Jagex then removed amulets of fury from PvP world drop tables, and the price recovered to about 3 million coins.
With the two updates on 15 October 2008 and 2 September 2009 that made it much more difficult to buy an uncut onyx from the store, the price of the amulet of fury began to climb to reflect its newfound rarity. The price has further increased with the release of the fury ornament kit on 4 August 2010 to a maximum of 19.6 million coins. The price showed some changes after that, but dropped significantly to a price of 11.3 million coins after the announcement of the Wilderness and Free Trade Vote on 21 December 2010. After the return of the Wilderness and free trade the price of the amulet recovered, but it fell soon after due to a massive influx of botters botting TokKul for Uncut Onyx, used to make Amulets of Fury.
Before and during the 2011 September Bonus Exp Weekend, items such as Dragon Claws, Amulet of fury, Bandos tassets, and Bandos chestplate had a massive drop of around 3-5 million gp each in price. The day before Bonus Exp Weekend ended, their price recovered gradually.
Following the release of the Elder Kiln Quest and the Fight Kiln minigame, which features an uncut onyx as one of the rewards, the fury has slowly dropped in price from players panic-selling their furies and from some players choosing the uncut onyx reward for money.
After the release of Squeal of Fortune, the amulet dropped in price again due to an uncut onyx being a possible reward.
- With the Fur 'n' Seek update on 10 August 2009, Jagex changed the inventory sprite for amulets of fury, to match the amulet's appearance when it's worn.
- If you die with an ornamented Fury Amulet (or) while skulled in the wilderness, only the Fury Amulet will drop - the ornament kit will be lost.
Accuracy • Crone-made • Cat training medal • Desert(1)(2)(3)(4) • Farming • Glarial's • Gnome • Gofannon • Ice • Lunar • Pre-nature • Ranging • Salve (e) • Saradomin's hiss • Saradomin's murmur • Saradomin's whisper • Sköll amulet • Third-age • Yin Yang • Thingy
Holy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of balance (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Unholy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Ancient book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of law (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of war (+5) (Illuminated (+8)
Citharede symbol(+8) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+3) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Ancient staff(-1)
(+) Prayer bonus