|Please upload an image!|
|Release date||11 July 2005 (Update)|
Allotments are farming patches that players can grow vegetables and fruits in. Most allotment patches also have a compost bin near tool leprechaun, a herb patch and a flower patch nearby. Each patch requires three seeds of the same type to begin growing that fruit or vegetable type. Many allotment patches begin to grow weeds if not maintained after roughly 5 minutes.
The following items can be grown in any allotment:
|Crop type||Time||Payment||Level required||Planting experience||Harvesting experience|
|Potato||40||2 Buckets of compost||1||8||9|
|Onion||40||1 Sack of potatoes||5||9.5||10.5|
|Cabbage||40||1 Sack of onions||7||10||11.5|
|Tomato||40||2 Sacks of cabbages||12||12.5||14|
|Sweetcorn||50||10 Jute fibres||20||17||19|
|Strawberry||60||1 Basket of apples||31||26||29|
|Watermelon||80||10 Curry leaves||47||48.5||54.5|
|Snape grass||200||15 Dwellberries||80||175||80|
|Sunchoke||240||15 Yanillian hops||87||208||95|
|Fly trap||190||15 Cadava berries||93||225||50|
Each patch requires three seeds to begin growing that crop type.
There are six sets of allotment patches in RuneScape, these are:
|South of Falador||Elstan|
|West of Port Phasmatys||Lyra|
|North of Catherby||Dantaera|
|North of Ardougne||Kragen|
|1 Allotment||Harmony Island||None|
|1 Allotment (potato only)||Taverley||None||
- Allotments were known as vegetable patches on the day of release. This was soon changed because most of the crops that can be planted are not actually vegetables.
- Potatoes are used as an ingredient in stew and baked into a baked potato, which with added ingredients creates high health-restoring foods.
- Onions are used in making yellow dye and as an ingredient in certain other cooked foods; they also only heal a maximum of 200 life points when raw.
- Cabbages are used as an ingredient to make garden pies.
- Tomatoes are used in making pizza and other baked foods, and they can also be eaten to restore a maximum of 200 life points.
- strawberries can be eaten and heal a good number of life points and are also one ingredient of summer pie.
- Watermelons are used in making supercompost or scarecrows and are another ingredient of summer pie; they can also be cut into watermelon slices and then eaten.