This article is about the quest. For the associated minigame, see All Fired Up (minigame).
This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
|Release date||26 August 2008 (Update)|
Official description Edit
|“||Over the years, the kingdoms of Asgarnia and Misthalin have become increasingly uncomfortable about the possibility of threats from the Wilderness and Morytania. King Roald has taken matters into his own hands and has commissioned a network of beacons to be built across the land, from the Temple of Paterdomus at the border of Morytania, along the northern borders of Misthalin and Asgarnia and up along the western border of the Wilderness. The communication network is already in place, but King Roald could use a little help making sure everything is ready to go, in the event of emergency....||”|
- Developer: Ingrid J
- Graphics: Kavi M, Mark C, Daniel J
- Quality Assurance: Most of the QA Team
- QuestHelp: Gillan M
- Audio: Chris J, Grace D
|Start point|| |
Talk to King Roald in the Varrock Palace Throne room.
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat||None|
The Beacon NetworkEdit
After the Priest in Peril quest, King Roald is worried of possible invasion from the Wilderness and Morytania. So, he has had a beacon lighting system set up to warn Varrock of possible attacks from the Wilderness and Morytania. The player must go from beacon to beacon, testing them in case a real invasion occurs.
Speak to Blaze Sharpeye, who tells you about the beacon system, and he has you test the beacons. Players require 20 logs (of any type) and a tinderbox. (They agreed that if it were a real emergency, Gnomish firelighters would be used to colour the flames).
Let the Fireworks Begin!Edit
The player should use the logs on the beacon, and then light it on fire with a tinderbox. With the flames ablaze, Blaze tells the player to talk to Squire Fyre. She can be found near the limestone quarry, west of the Odd Old Man, the starting point of the Rag and Bone Man quest.
If you brought a hatchet for the second batch of logs, there are trees spread around the area, south of the Odd Old Man, which you can cut. Once you obtain 20 logs, go back to Fyre and load the beacon and light it.
After the beacon is lit, go back to Blaze Sharpeye. Blaze Sharpeye confirms that he sees the second beacon lit, and informs that the fire is dying in the first beacon.
Keeping the Hope AliveEdit
Use five logs (must be identical) on the first beacon to rekindle the fire. Do not leave yet - talk to Blaze again. This satisfies Blaze, and he tells the player that the beacon network test is successful, and that you should inform King Roald about their victory.
Go back to Varrock Palace, and talk to King Roald for the reward.
- 1 Quest point
- 20,000 coins
- 5,500 experience
- Access to the All Fired Up minigame
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys for use in Treasure Hunter
- 2 Hearts of Ice for use in Treasure Hunter
After the quest, King Roald tells the player that if they manage to light 6, 10, and 14 beacons simultaneously, they receive additional rewards. King Roald offers a ring of fire for lighting 6 beacons, flame gloves for lighting 10, and an Inferno Adze for lighting all 14.
Required for completingEdit
Completion of All Fired Up is required for the following:
- Similar to the quest, beacons have historically been used to warn of invaders. The British have a history of using beacon towers along the coast and mountains to warn of impending threats. The most famous English example is the array of beacons all the way up the east coast of England intended to warn London of an attack by the Spanish Armada. The Welsh Brecon Beacons are named after another famous array. In ancient China, beacon towers were placed a few hundred feet away from each other along the length of the Great Wall of China.
- On the day of the release, the spoilers said: "Blaze got a bit carried away and incinerated the spoiler scroll in a frantic effort to set his shoes on fire, so you'll have to wait a day for Reldo to make us a new copy."
- During the quest, Defender of Varrock, while the zombies are invading Varrock Palace, all the beacons are lit for an emergency.