|Release date||4 April 2005 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Yes - The Feud, Wanted!, Missing My Mummy, and Do No Evil|
|Sells items?||Yes - Runes and misc. other items|
|Examine|| A bazaar merchant.|
|Notable features|| A persuasive trader.|
|File:Ali Morrisane's location.png|
Ali Morrisane is an important character in The Feud, Missing my Mummy and Do No Evil quests. He is located in north-eastern part of Al Kharid not far from the cactus patch. He will often sell useless junk to players for about 10 coins each without the player's consent. He also sells masks.
He was born in Pollnivneach and is prejudiced by the citizens of Al Kharid because of this. His known family members are Ali Baba (or Traitorous Ali, mentioned in The Feud), and his young son, Farid, who works at the Grand Exchange in Varrock. He wrote a very basic guide on how to kill things, which can be read in the Varrock dummy training area by the east bank. It is also said in Postbag from the Hedge that he drove Lesser demons from unknown parts to Crandor. Despite owning a small stall, he seems to be very rich, employing many people such as Ali the Guard, and devising large schemes and scams that make him richer. He has a cousin by the name of Alex the Brave.
After the completion of the Rogue Trader activity, he expands his shop to sell:
- Runes, supplied by Aubury in Varrock. Originally, runes could be obtained here slightly cheaper than normal, but since the inception of the Grand Exchange and personal stores, there is little or no point to buying runes here.
- Unique clothing, including Menaphite robes and Desert outfits, supplied by Siamun in Sophanem.
- Blackjacks, (both offensive and defensive).
Note: Each time the player talks to Ali Morrisane, he will try to sell the player something. If you fail to resist, some unwanted junk may appear in your inventory and you will lose about 10 coins. However, some of these items may be sold back to Ali Morrisane to obtain a profit.
Activity: Rogue Trader
Once The Feud quest has been completed, Ali Morrisane will need the player's help once again. He wants to expand his business, and will require the perseverance of the player to deal with various suppliers all over RuneScape. One part of this activity includes a sudoku-style puzzle, which increases the types of runes that can be purchased. When the GE was instituted, the cost of runes were greatly increased and it is now rare to see players playing the puzzle or purchasing runes from Ali.
- He has numerous aliases including: Dr. Ali, who sold fake artefacts to the Varrock Museum.
- During the party in the Rat Catchers quest, he is one of the party goers.
- He also authored the Combat Scroll found in the building next to Varrock Museum .
- His skin appears much less tan in his chathead.