Standard Spells Edit
|Icon||Spell||Magic Level||member's only||Runes Required||Experience||Notes|
|Bones To Bananas||15||No||122||25||Converts all bones in inventory into bananas.|
|Low Level Alchemy||21||No||13||31||Converts items into the same amount of coins as a general store would pay for the item. Can be cast free of runes 30 times a day with the explorer's ring 2, 3, or 4.|
|Superheat Item||43||No||14||53||Smelts ores without the need for a furnace. Iron ore will have a 100% success rate using Superheat Item. Can be cast free of runes 27 times a day with the explorer's ring 4.|
|High Level Alchemy||55||No||15||65||Converts items into more coins than Low Level Alchemy spell, equivalent to selling the item to a specialist store. Can be cast free of runes 15 times a day with the explorer's ring 4.|
|Bones To Peaches||60||Yes||244||35.5||Converts all bones in inventory into peaches. You must buy this spell from the Mage Training Arena or use the spell in tablet form.|
High Level Alchemy Edit
Below you can find use information for the most well-known and used Alchemy spell: High Level Alchemy.
Alchemist's Playground Edit
The Alchemist's Playground is a magic based activity based around the concept of alchemy spells, situated in the Mage Training Arena north of the Duel Arena. Players have to use High Level Alchemy or Low Level Alchemy spells to convert items in eight cupboards to gold coins in an attempt to earn pizazz points which can be traded for certain rewards.
Use for Profit Edit
Due to the nature of alchemy spells, they are considered a decent way to make money. Alchemy is particularly useful when players want a quick way of making money that doesn't interfere with training.
In order to make a profit, it is recommended to use alchemy only on items that cost more than the current price of a nature rune, but if you make the rune yourself using Runecrafting, the cash profit increases dramatically, as the current price a nature rune is 111 coins.
Note: The Explorer's ring 4, as well as 30 low alchemy uses per day, includes 15 high alchemy uses per day. This allows small amounts of profit and magic XP to be made on many of the usual alchemy items, without the added cost of runes.
The following items are considered to be good money makers:
- Air battlestaff (when bought Market Price)
- Adamant platebody (when bought at Market Price, or even at 9800)
- Red d'hide body (when bought lowest)
- Black d'hide body (when bought lowest)
- Green d'hide body (when bought lowest)
- Blue d'hide body (when bought lowest)
The following items are also commonly alchemised:
Alchemy profit and Exp. can be worked out with these equations:
1. (A - I= D) then (D - N = P) then (P x Amt = $) 2. No. x XP =Total [[Experience|Exp.]] Earned
Key: A = Alchemy Gain I= Price of One Item D = Difference of Money N = Price of One Nature Rune P = Profit on One Item Amt = Amount of Items to be Alched $ = Total Profit XP = Experience Earned from High Level Alchemy (65)
For Example: A Rune Dagger
Alchemy Gain=4,800 Price of Item=4,527 Price of Nature Rune=109 Amount of Items=1,000 so: (4,800 - 4527 = 273) then (273 - 109 = 164) then (164 x 1,000 = 164,000)
Other use Edit
The skill used most commonly with alchemy is fletching. Many players make bows, then instead of selling them, they alchemise them and gain a small profit. This allows players to spend more time fletching, while allowing them to make a little money.
Alchemy is often used when waiting or filling time, for example:
- In Farming (growing crops);
- Player-owned port (waiting for ships to return);
- Camping spots during Penguin Hide and Seek;
- Waiting for minigames to start;
- Waiting for the game tick;
Because many players are using these spells, large amounts of "raw" cash are added into the game, contributing to inflation. Jagex combats this problem by the use of Money Sinks.
Items Kept on Death Edit
The items that you keep when you are killed used to be based on the amount of money the item alchemies for. You would keep the items with the highest alchemy value. There were many items which have higher alchemy values than items that are more expensive on the Grand Exchange, and you will keep the lower valued item because it has a higher alchemy value. This led to quite some controversy. Some players used this system of item-keeping to scam other players, such as luring them into the Wilderness and giving them or dropping for a player to pick up, an item which has a large alchemy value but a low G.E. value, such as a dragon battleaxes. A dragon battleaxe has an alchemy value of 120,000 coins, while the very expensive abyssal whip has an alchemy value of 72,000 coins. If a player dies and has 4 dragon battleaxes and an abyssal whip in his or her inventory, even with the Protect Item prayer, he or she would keep the dragon battleaxes over the abyssal whip. As of 19 April 2011, this scam no longer works, and items kept on death depend on their Grand Exchange guide price instead.
Lunar Spells Edit
|Icon||Spell||Magic Level||Runes Required||Experience||Notes|
|Bake Pie||65||154||60||Automatically bakes all uncooked pies in the caster's inventory without risk of burning. One set of the required runes is required for each baked pie; baking ten pies, for example, requires ten astral runes, fifty fire runes, and forty water runes. The Cooking experience for baking the pies is granted when the spell is used.|
|Cure Plant||66||18||60||Cures a diseased Farming patch. This spell cannot revive dead crops.|
|Humidify*||68||113||65||Fills all vessels (such as buckets, jugs and vials) in the caster's inventory with water. Will also turn clay into soft clay.|
|Repair Rune Pouch**||75||112||75||Repairs all Runecrafting pouches in the caster's inventory and strengthens them, increasing the number of uses that a pouch can endure before it degrades.|
|Superglass Make||77||2610||78||Turns all buckets of sand and soda ash, seaweed, or swamp weed in the caster's inventory into molten glass instantly and without the need for a furnace. There is a chance of receiving extra molten glass from the resources consumed. Additionally, 10 Crafting experience is granted for each piece of molten glass received.|
|Spiritualise Food**||80||325||81||When cast on a piece of food, this spell enchants the food to be usable on a Summoning familiar. When a familiar eats spiritualised food, its life points are restored, its combat stats are boosted, and its duration timer is replenished.|
|String Jewellery||80||2105||87||Automatically strings all unstrung amulets in the caster's inventory without the need of a ball of wool. One set of runes is consumed for each amulet strung. 4 Crafting experience is granted for each amulet strung.|
|Make Leather**||83||222||87||Turns hides into leather in sets of 5.|
|Fertile Soil||83||2315||87||This spell treats the targeted Farming patch with supercompost, even if something is growing in the patch.|
|Plank Make*||86||1215||90||Turns one log into a plank, without need of the sawmill. Coins are still required to convert a log into a plank, but the amount is decreased.|
|Tune Bane Ore||87||241||Tunes Bane ore against a specific creature.|
- Spells marked with an asterisk ( * ) require completion of Dream Mentor to cast.
- Spells marked with two asterisks ( ** ) can be used once unlocked at the Livid Farm activity.
- Tune Bane Ore can only be used with the completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
- Not many players use low alchemy due to the poor profit generated. However, with the reward of the explorer's ring from the Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks, players use the ring's 30 free low-alchemy per day to gain magic experience and a modest income, as you need no nature or fire runes.
- Players cannot cast alchemy spells on a Nature Rune if they only have one in their inventory.
- You cannot use the Alchemy spell on a Member's Object while on a F2p world.
- You cannot use the Alchemy spell in the minigames: Duel arena, Soul Wars, Pest Control, Fist of Guthix, Castle Wars and Fishing Trawler.
- You get 930 free Magic xp from the Explorer Ring for 30 Free Low Level Alchemy plus you get extra coins (unless you alchemise something worth 0 coins).
- Although the Spiritualise food spell is found in the combat subtab, the effect of this spell falls underneath the Alchemy definition.