For the equipment set, see Akrisae the Doomed's equipment.
|Release date||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1000 (and 330 experience)|
|Examine text||A vengeful spirit, corrupted by dark magic.|
Akrisae's set effect, Akrisae's Doom, gives him the chance to drain the player's prayer in a similar manner to that of a player wearing an entire set of Guthan the Infested's equipment . When a player not using prayer attacks him and the effect activates, he will say "Ahh, more prayers.". Akrisae attacks using magic with a maximum hit of 1700, and is very accurate, so Protect from Magic/Deflect Magic is advised. Akrisae only uses his magic attack while within melee range, so using a stunning ability such as Binding Shot or Impact is very effective in reducing damage. Akrisae also uses protection prayers in accordance to what the player is using. After 1500 damage is dealt he will swap prayer, requiring a player to use at least two combat styles in order to defeat him. Players can hit over the damage cap if they hit fast enough, such as shooting a bolt from a crossbow and then using a quick ability to deal high amounts of damage before he can switch prayers.
Akrisae is weak to Bolts, therefore a strong ranged weapon such as a Royal Crossbow, or a pair of Dual Chaotic Crossbows are recommended, alongside another strong weapon such as a Chaotic Maul or a Chaotic Staff casting Fire Surge to counter his prayer switching. Abilities such as Incendiary shot, Meteor Strike, Overpower and Omnipower are useful to deal large amounts of damage before he switches prayers. If in combat with him long enough he will run out of prayer in a similar fashion to a player. With the Evolution of Combat update, players can switch to or from magic simply by equipping or un-equipping a staff or wand, which greatly helps when switching combat styles.
- Players who have completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat cannot see players who have not completed the quest whilst in Verac's crypt. This is because the crypt with Verac and Akrisae and Verac's normal crypt are in fact two separate dungeons. However if a player fights Akrisae in the catacombs, other players can see him.
- Akrisae is the only brother to say something else apart from "You dare disturb my rest!" or "You dare steal from us!".
- However, there seems to be a typo with Akrisae's chest quote, as he says "You dare steal from us?", while the other brothers say "You dare steal from us!"
- Before the Evolution of Combat, Akrisae attacked with melee.
- There is a glitch where if you kill Guthan first, there is a slight chance of Akriase's face appearing when you get prayer drained, even if you didn't kill Akrisae first or have not done Ritual of the Mahjarrat yet.
- During the Ritual of the Mahjarrat, Akriase as a wight has a combat level of 200 in the cutscenes that involve him, although his human form is much more lower. Also, during the Barrows minigame, he only has a combat level of 115.
- His armour is Hybrid armour, making it equally effective for all styles, and his mace is a melee weapon. Suprisingly, the mace is much weaker then the other brothers weapons.
- Akrisae attacks using magic, but still uses a melee animation. This is due to the Evolution of Combat and is an oversight by Jagex.
- However, magic attacks and abilities can only be cast by a wand or staff after an update, it is strange how Akrisae can still use magic attacks with a melee-based weapon.
|Ahrim the Blighted|
|Dharok the Wretched|
|Guthan the Infested|
|Karil the Tainted|
|Torag the Corrupted|
|Verac the Defiled|
|Akrisae the Doomed|
Culinaromancer's gloves 10 (barrows-themed gloves)