Click animation for full size
Air Surge, a pay-to-play magic spell, is the strongest air spell and tied with water, earth, and fire surge for strongest elemental spell in the standard spellbook. It requires five air runes to cast. The base damage of this spell is 777, and it scales up to 883 at 92 Magic. An armadyl battlestaff, or any staff aligned to Air gives the player unlimited casts.
- These spells were added to the spellbook in the 17 November 2009 update.
- On 24 June 2010, all of the elemental spells received a graphical make-over.
- As revealed during Salt in the Wound, Kennith has the ability to cast Air Surge.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat changes, this spell was called Wind Surge and required 7 air runes, 1 death rune and 1 blood rune.
- Since the Evolution of Combat, this spell can be cast for free using an air providing staff. This has made it a popular combat spell for casual magic combat, especially with an Armadyl battlestaff.