|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|A vengeful spirit corrupted by dark magic.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|52 / 35 / 17|
6 ticks (3.6s)
Ahrim the Blighted is the oldest and leader of the six Barrows brothers. Ahrim used to be the only magic-based brother until the release of Akrisae the Doomed with the Ritual of the Mahjarrat grandmaster quest (though is the only one available to players who have not completed the quest). Ahrim also casts Curse spells on the player that reduce Attack, Strength and Defence levels with each successful hit.
Ahrim's set effect, Ahrim's Blight, gives each successful attack cast by Ahrim a chance to lower a player's Strength level. Although the damage from the attack itself can be partially blocked by protection prayers/curses, the set effect cannot. Therefore it is advisable for a player to bring something to restore a player's Strength level back to normal if using melee, such as a restore potion or greater. This effect is accompanied by an animation as well as a sound effect.
Ahrim, along with his brothers, maintained a small farm. Eventually, Guthan convinced him and the others to join the crusade.
2016 Easter eventEdit
During the 2016 Easter event, Ahrim the Blighted and his brothers play a role as the workers (bobble-numbskulls) of Sliske's chocolate factory. They resembled their bobble-head versions.
Ahrim, along with his brothers, makes an appearance in Kindred Spirits. Sliske puts him through a "game" of righteousness where he navigates through the maze and makes decisions (either by himself or the adventurer) to reach the centre of the maze.
When Ahrim arrived at the centre of the maze, Sliske dropped a druidess named Isolde, the adventurer and Guthan inside. It is shown that Ahrim had killed Isolde to "protect" Guthan from her "godless" faith; however, the true reason was that he killed her out of jealously because she did not reciprocate her feelings to him. If Ahrim was bathed in most of the blue flames, Ahrim realises that he had been arrogant the whole time and asks for forgiveness from both Isolde and Guthan. If Ahrim was not bathed in most of the blue flames, he kills Isolde again.
Ahrim, along with his brothers, appeared in Sliske's Endgame, being the second intended wave in Sliske's attempts to destroy the World Guardian. However, the Barrows Brothers had managed to regain a modicum of control over their own actions, and chose to aid the World Guardian, attacking Sliske's wights and champions.
Ahrim does not drop his main rewards directly; instead, his equipment is added as possible rewards from the Barrows chest. See Barrows#Rewards for more information. However, Ahrim can directly drop the following items.
|Ghost hunter goggles||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Ghost hunter body||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Ghost hunter legs||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Ghost hunter backpack||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Ectoplasmator||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Deployable herb burner||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Cremation||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Ahrim, along with all the other barrows brothers, received a graphical update on 4 January 2012 to make him look more like a player wearing his items rather than the old graphics style which displayed an unclear, purely pink coloured apparition. Along with the graphical update his combat level was raised from 98 to 130. It was changed again to 150 after the release of the Evolution of Combat.
- Ahrim is the only Barrows brother to retain his pre-EoC attack speed (6 ticks/3.6 seconds) during the transition to the Evolution of Combat. All of the other brothers had their attack speeds changed to match his.
- If an empty bucket is used on the well next to the Barrows, Ahrim will pop up in a combat stance and then disappear. Your game box will then say "For some reason, Ahrim pops up and fills your bucket with water."
- Ahrim has access to all spellbooks. In the original Barrows, he uses Fire Wave and curses, in Rise of the Six he uses Blood spells, and when filling the bucket with water he uses Humidify.
- There is currently a graphical glitch where Ahrim uses a water spell animation when casting Fire Wave in the normal Barrows encounter, making it seem like orange-coloured water forms around his hands.
|This template is about the Barrows brothers|