|Release||20 November 2012 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||45,000 coins|
|Low alch||30,000 coins|
|Exchange||652,277 coins (info)|
|Examine||Ahrim was known to cast spells from this.|
Ahrim's book of magic is a book wielded in the off-hand slot that requires level 70 magic to be wielded.
A player is able to cast spells twice as fast with a wand as with a staff, which is two-handed.
This item can be rarely obtained by looting the chest in the Barrows minigame.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||23.0%|
|1 × Undead components||Not 100%|
- Ahrim's book of magic and Karil's off-hand pistol crossbow are the only pieces of Barrows equipment that are worn in the off-hand (shield) slot.
- A dual wielding update for Magic made players able to cast two spells at a time, with the damage output being similar to dual wielding melee weapons. This made the wands and books have the amount of accuracy a weapon of their level has, meaning Ahrim's book of magic now has 1486 rather than 374 accuracy and vice versa with the wand.
- Ahrim's book of magic was unusual in that, for a while, it was more expensive than its main hand counterpart. This may be explained by the Wand of Treachery providing the same bonuses as Ahrim's wand, for a smaller price, but having no off-hand counterpart itself.
- After Invention Batch 2, players can now use a whetstone to repair any Barrows equipment.
Off-hand magic weapons
|Recoloured mages' book||
|Dyed seismic singularity||
|Dyed imperium core||