For the equipment set, see Ahrim the Blighted's equipment.
|Release date||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1000 (and 330 experience)|
|Examine text||A vengeful spirit corrupted by dark magic.|
Ahrim the Blighted is the oldest of the Barrows brothers. Ahrim's crypt is located in the centre of the Barrows area. He attacks with magic, casting Fire Wave with his staff. Ahrim used to be the only magic-based brother until the release of Akrisae the Doomed with the Ritual of the Majharrat grandmaster quest (though is the only one available to players who have not completed the quest). Ahrim also casts Pre-Evolution of Combat Curse spells on the player that reduce Attack, Strength and Defence levels with each successful hit.
Ahrim's set effect: Ahrim's Blight, gives each successful Fire Wave cast by Ahrim a chance to lower a player's Strength level. Although the damage from the Fire Wave itself can be partially blocked by protection prayers/curses, the set effect cannot. Therefore it is advisable for a player to bring something to restore a player's Strength level back to normal if using melee, such as a restore potion or greater. This effect is accompanied by an animation as well as a sound effect.
Ahrim is weak to arrows, therefore strong ranged weapons such as the zaryte bow, crystal bow, dark bow or magic shieldbow (sighted) are ideal. Lower levelled bows are not recommended due to his high Defence level and due to low levelled bows not being powerful enough. Ahrim has a tendancy to cast Curse spells much more often than his Fire Wave, so using melee is not advised unless the player has a lot of stat restoring potions, or is under the effects of an overload potion.
Using the curse Soul Split can also restore some life points to those who can use it, due to the fact that he does not cast Fire Wave as often as his curse spells, though a player must watch their life points just in case.
- Ahrim, along with all the other barrows brothers, received a graphical update on 4 January 2012 to make him look more like a player wearing his items rather than the old graphics style which displayed an unclear, purely pink coloured apparition.
- There seems to be a glitch where Ahrim's attack seems to have a 6 tick delay if it sucessfully hits the player. For example, Ahrim sucessfully hits with his Fire Wave, and even though it is shown to be sucessful, the damage seems to come after a few seconds later.
- With the release of the Evolution of Combat, Ahrim has a book and wand. However, he does not use them in combat, instead using his staff.
- Along with the graphical update his combat level was raised from 98 to 130. It was changed again to 150 after the release of the Evolution of Combat.
- The name "Ahrim" is likely derived from Ahriman, an evil spirit from the Zoroastrianism religion.
- If you are too slow with killing him or run away from the battle he will disappear and a message will appear in the chatbox saying: "We'll finish this later......." The same also appears for the other Barrow brothers.
- Ahrim currently casts the pre-EoC version of Fire Wave, and not the current one. Similarly, he also casts pre-EoC curse spells.
|Ahrim the Blighted|
|Dharok the Wretched|
|Guthan the Infested|
|Karil the Tainted|
|Torag the Corrupted|
|Verac the Defiled|
|Akrisae the Doomed|
Culinaromancer's gloves 10 (barrows-themed gloves)