For one of the tasks in introductory tasks with the same name, see Introductory tasks.
The Adventurer's Log is a members-only feature of the RuneScape website. It contains many functions that a player might find useful, including recent activity, quests recently completed, skills recently trained, and even notable drops recently obtained. Achievements such as a player's 500th song being unlocked and comparisons of a player's stats are both features which can be found in an Adventurer's Log.
To access the Adventurer's Log, go to the Runescape main page, select the Community tab and click on Adventurer's Log. Any member player's log can be access by typing in the player's name if their privacy setting is 'Public'; if set to 'Friends Only', then the friend must log in. If set to 'Private', the player must be logged in to access their own log.
The Adventurer's log was first hinted at during a Q&A between players and Jagex staff posted on the forums.
|“|| 37) Robeddarknes asks:
Hi I was wondering when you were planning on releasing the ability for us to look at our character's statistics such as number of x-monster killed and x-number of hours played and what date our accounts were created, as this has always interested me and I believe I read you were planning to release it.
[Mod MMG] Yes, we currently have a project underway to provide players with a lot more information about their avatar progress and status in game.
— Robeddarknes and Mod MMG
On the 26 October 2009, an article appeared in the Knowledge Base called "Adventurer's Log", which was listed under "Customer Support & Other". It was later removed from the "Community" Tab, but it could still be accessed by the manipulation of a link. All profiles of Jagex Moderators were already set to private. The page could still be seen by a few players that had the URL because of players posting the link in the RuneScape Forums, but all links were shortly removed by Jagex Moderators. During several periods of the day it was being tested, the web page still had existed but retained no coding.
Mod Kat commented on the forums on the same day to say that Jagex had quietly released it to make sure that it was working properly, and then they subsequently removed access to it after they found out it was functioning properly.
|“||I can't comment much on the Adventurer's Log at the moment, but I can confirm that it is not possible to see anyone else's Friends List. As some of you have suspected, the website feature was launched quietly to make sure it was running properly. I can't give you an estimate on when it will be relaunched, but rest assured we want to make sure it's as useful as possible for all of you.||”|
On 28 October 2009, the Adventurer's Log stopped working and instead gave the message: This account either does not exist or has never logged in to RuneScape. Please check the account name and try again. whenever a player's username was searched. This glitch was fixed a few hours later.
"Friends' Recent Events"Edit
- The list of recent events covers 10 of your friends.
- Only 10 friends events are shown in the window. As of 14 November 2009, this discrepancy has as yet to be corrected in the Manual.
- Friends that are ranked highest in your Friends Chat are placed at the top of the "Friends' Recent Events" list.
- Those who change their own individual setting to "Private" will not have their achievements noted on any log (see the Settings section below.)
- To "bump folks down the list," one may remove friends they would like on the log from their friends list, and then re-add them, thus bumping down the pile players whom the player is not so interested in. One may also re-rank them lower in Friends Chat.
- If players do not have many folks in their Friends Chat of high rank, then the list will be composed of their 10 highest ranked friends, and then of their most recently added friends.
- If the server is unable to find any friends' recent events (typically because of a server error rather than not having friends with events), the log reads "I don't have any recent friend events; perhaps I should do more adventuring with them."
There are different kinds of milestones that will appear in both "My Recent Events" and in "Friends' Recent Events":
- <n> Quest points obtained
Completing <quest> has given me enough Quest Points to pass the <n> QP milestone.
- Quest complete: <quest>
Quest complete message.
- <n> total levels gained
I now have a total level of <n>, split among all my skills.
- <n>XP in <skill>
I now have at least <n> experience points in the <skill> skill.
- Levelled all skills over <n>.
By levelling up my <skill> skill, I achieved at least level <n> in all skills.
- Levelled up <skill>.
I levelled my <skill> skill, I am now level <n>.
- <n> songs unlocked
I have unlocked a total of <n> songs, the last of which was <song>.
- <type> treasure trail completed.
I have completed an <type> treasure trail.
- Caught <n> <sprite> charm sprites.
I caught <n> <sprite> charm sprites.
- Became a Supreme Champion.
I climbed the ranks in the Crucible and was named the Supreme Champion.
- Challenged by the <monster> Champion.
A message was dropped by an <monster> from the <monster> Champion, challenging me to a fight.
- Completed the Fight Kiln
I defeated many waves of TokHaar, before vanquishing the mighty Har'Aken and conquering the Fight Kiln.
- Daemonheim's history uncovered, <n> volumes found.
I’ve uncovered volume <n> of Daemonheim's history. I now have <n> volumes in total.
- Dungeon floor <n> reached.
I have breached floor <n> of Daemonheim for the first time.
- Hunted the Thalassus 10 times.
After completing the Deadliest Catch quest, I hunted and found the Thalassus all 10 times.
- I built the statue of Dahmaroc in my house.
Each time I rebuilt the statue of Dahmaroc in Varrock Museum, the archaeologists granted me a replica piece. It was a lot of work, but today I completed my own statue at home.
- I killed <player>
I killed the player <player>.
- Killed 100 bosses.
I have killed 100 bosses in the Dominion Tower.
- Killed 200 bosses.
I have killed 200 bosses in the Dominion Tower.
- Killed 300 bosses.
I have killed 300 bosses in the Dominion Tower.
- Killed 450 bosses and been a spectator.
I have killed 450 bosses in the Dominion Tower and been a spectator to a match.
- Killed 500 bosses and those in set 1.
I have killed 500 bosses in the Dominion Tower and the bosses: Nomad, Eruni, Leeuni and Ayuni, The Untouchable, Dagannoth Sentinels, Balance Elemental, Ice Demon.
- Killed 500 bosses and those in set 2.
I have killed 500 bosses in the Dominion Tower and the bosses: Decaying Avatar, Second Dagannoth Mother, The Everlasting and Illusive, Nezikchened, Arrav, Giant Roc.
- Killed 500 bosses and those in set 3.
I have killed 500 bosses in the Dominion Tower and the bosses: Pest Queen, Zenevivia, The Inadequacy, Damis, Fareed, Kamil and Dessous, Karamel and Gelatinnoth Mother, Jungle Demon.
- Killed the Sunfreet.
I managed to defeat the difficult version of the Sunfreet in the Dominion Tower.
- Killed 400 bosses and beaten all special matches.
I have killed 400 bosses in the Dominion Tower and bested all the special mode matches.
- Most flags captured in a match of Castle Wars.
For the first time, I managed to be the one to capture the most enemy flags in a match of Castle Wars.
- Played a total of 500 Castle Wars matches.
I reached a total of 500 matches of Castle Wars played, unlocking the hobbyist cape.
- Played a total of 1,000 Castle Wars matches.
I reached a total of 1,000 matches of Castle Wars played, unlocking the enthusiast cape.
- Played a total of 5,000 Castle Wars matches.
I reached a total of 5,000 matches of Castle Wars played, unlocking the professional cape.
- Reached floor <n> in climber mode.
I have managed to reach floor <n> in climber mode at the Dominion Tower.
- Reached floor <n> in endurance mode
I have managed to reach floor <n> in endurance mode at the Dominion Tower.
- Summoned for a case involving the <case>.
A court summons was dropped. The case is <case>.
- Unlocked all spells on the Livid Farm.
I helped Pauline enough on the Livid Farm to learn all the spells.
- Unlocked the Royale Cannon ability.
I unlocked the Royale Cannon ability at the Artisans Workshop in Falador.
- Unlocked the Master Student ability.
I unlocked the Master Student ability at the Artisans Workshop in Falador.
- Won a case involving <case>.
After finding a court summons, I won the case of <case>
- Won a challenge against the <monster> Champion.
Won a fight against the <monster> Champion.
- <item> obtained.
I won a <item> on the Squeal of Fortune!
- Bought my first completionist cape.
I visited Varrock Museum and took rightful ownership of my completionist cape.
- Bought my first max cape.
For the first time after training all skills to level 99, I bought a max cape.
- Earned a Relic Helm from a God Emissary.
After completing all the jobs set by a God Emissary, I was given a Relic helm.
- I found a <item>.
Whilst battling shades in Mort'ton, I looted a <item>.
- I found an <item>
After killing a <monster>, it dropped a <item>.
- I found <item>.
While plundering the Barrows, I looted <item>.
- I found a <hybrid> <part>.
Whilst playing <minigame>, I found a <hybrid> <part>.
- I found a Black Ibis <part>.
Whilst plundering the Pyramids, I looted a Black Ibis <part>.
- I found a crystal triskelion fragment.
I found a crystal triskelion fragment.
- I found master Runecrafter's <part>.
Whilst playing The Great Orb Project, I won master Runecrafter's <part>.
- I found a piece of Dragonstone armour.
I found a piece of Dragonstone armour.
- I found the Sceptre of the Gods.
Whilst plundering the Pyramids, I looted the Sceptre of the Gods.
- I found Wand of Treachery.
Whilst looting a Wilderness Warbands camp, I looted Wand of Treachery.
- Improved my duellist's cap.
As a result of my victories in the Duel Arena, my duellist's cap has improved.
- Improved my duellist's cap to its highest level.
Five thousand victories in the Duel Arena have improved my duellist's cap to its most impressive.
- Improved my wildstalker helmet.
As a result of my victories in the Wilderness, my wildstalker helmet has improved.
- Improved my wildstalker helmet to its highest level.
Five thousand victories in the Wilderness have improved my wildstalker helmet to its full potential.
- The scroll of cleansing ability bought.
I have bought the scroll of cleansing ability for 20000 dungeoneering tokens.
- The scroll of efficiency ability bought.
I have bought the scroll of efficiency ability for 20000 dungeoneering tokens.
- The scroll of life ability bought.
I have bought the scroll of life ability for 10000 dungeoneering tokens.
- Rapid Renewal prayer bought.
I have bought the Rapid Renewal prayer for 107000 dungeoneering tokens.
- I defeated the Queen Black Dragon <n> time.
I defeated the Queen Black Dragon <n> time, returning her to a temporary slumber.
- I killed <n> boss monsters in Daemonheim.
I killed <n> boss monsters called: <monster> in Daemonheim.
- I killed TzTok-Jad.
I killed TzTok-Jad, and can now claim my fire cape.
- I killed <monster>.
I killed <monster>.
- I killed the Cave Wolf Matriarch.
I killed the Cave Wolf Matriarch.
- I killed Bork
I killed Bork, a big ork.
- Augury prayer bought.
I have bought the Augury prayer for 153000 dungeoneering tokens.
- Quest complete: A Stray in a Manger
- Most kills in a match of Castle Wars.
For the first time, I managed to be the one to kill the most players in a match of Castle Wars.
- Lumbridge Rebuildathon
Joined the Rebuildathon to help repair the damage done to Lumbridge by the gods' battle.
- Brought 25 chimp ices to king Awowogei
- Bought a TzRek-Jad
- Achieving max free-to-play total level (1614)
- Completing shark tooth necklace
Not all monsters killed by a player are shown in their adventurer's log. Some of the monsters shown are listed below.
- Avatar of Creation
- Avatar of Destruction
- Champions from the Champions' Challenge D&D
- Chaos Elemental
- Combatants of the Battle of Lumbridge
- Commander Zilyana
- Corporeal Beast
- Dagannoth Kings
- General Graardor
- Giant Mole
- King Black Dragon
- K'ril Tsutsaroth
- Mithril dragon
- Queen Black Dragon
- Skeletal horror
- Tormented demon
Item drops from high levelled monsters such as God Wars dungeon bosses, Corporeal Beast, or from slayer monsters such as abyssal demons, and dark beasts also get displayed within the Adventurer's Log. These can include:
- Dark bow
- Dragonbone upgrade kit
- Dragon boots
- Dragon chainbody
- Dragon claws
- Dragon full helm
- Dragon hatchet
- Dragon helm
- Dragon kiteshield
- Dragon pickaxe
- Dragon platelegs
- Dragon plateskirt
- Draconic visage
- Saradomin sword
- Shield left half
- Spirit shields
- Spirit sigils
- Staff of light
- Steadfast boots
- Steam battlestaff
- Any piece of Third-age armour (excluding druidic)
- Wolf mask and cat mask
- Dragon masks
- Flared trousers
- Ranger boots
- God bows
- Gilded platebody and gilded platelegs
- Robin hood hat
- Gold-trimmed wizard robes
Squeal of FortuneEdit
- Any Lucky item
Squeal of FortuneEdit
- Icyenic bowstaff
- Icyenic greathammer head
- Icyenic orb
- Infernal bowstaff
- Infernal greathammer head
- Infernal orb
Individual players may change who can see their log by clicking on the "Settings" button. The available options are:
- Public: Everyone can see your log.
- Friends: Only your friends can see your log.
- Private: Only you can see your log.
Players who have been banned, or who are not currently members, will not show on any log. The log initially suffered from performance issues, usually resulting in an error message or very slow page loads. As of August 2010 the performance issues have been solved and the log is responsive.
A list of what the Adventurer's Log says when you complete a quest can be found at Adventurer's Log/Quest complete
- If someone has not had any recent events, their recent events section will say "I don't have any recent events yet. I need to do more adventuring."
- If a player achieves something as a non-member, that achievement will not appear in their adventurer's log if they subscribe.
- Previously, when levelling up, the message "I've reached level __ in the ______ skill." appeared in your Adventurer's Log, but since 1 February 2010, it gives the message "I levelled my ______ skill, I am now level __. ".
- After a rollback, (most notably the one that occurred on 14 April 2010) you may find your Adventurer's Log to be extremely out of order. Your last achievement may display a level earned long ago, or an achievement from someone else's Adventurer's Log.
- There was a glitch where all players' Adventurer's Logs were switched with another random player. This has now been fixed.
- The icon on the agility skill shows the form of the original logo but isn't white, it's the same colour as the one currently on the new style of the logo. Hiscores is also the same.
- As of 1 February 2011, the Adventurer's Log no longer states who you've killed in PvP.
- With the update on 4 April 2011 there was a glitch in the adventurer's log. It said 'null' to all items, monsters, quest descriptions, Daemonheim events, and completion of any difficulty treasure trails. This glitch was fixed with the Clan update on 12 April 2011.
- As of 23 August 2011, the Adventurer's Log shows the time as well as the date of the achievement.
- As of 23 August 2011, the Adventurer's Log no longer shows a player's play time or gender.
- However, As of 10 January 2012 , the Adventuer's Log once again shows a players' play time.
- An update on 20 March 2012 caused the adventurers log to wrongly display quest names, instead of showing the actual quest completed it just displayed the quest, Cabin Fever, but when your cursor moves over it, it still displays the proper info for the actual completed quest.
- Even if players have completed Druidic Ritual and/or Wolf Whistle, both of the quests will appear in the Available quests, making the graphic be unable to appear full in green colour for players who have completed all the quests. Players need to have completed the updated versions to make them go away.
- The notifications must run on a template because on rare drop notifications it may not use proper grammar, for example, "After killing a Iron dragon, it dropped an ancient effigy." Although it did use an for ancient effigy so it is unknown if this is a glitch.
- After receiving rare drops from most bosses it will show the message: " After killing _ IT dropped _" despite the fact that most bosses have their gender specified.
- ^ Mod MMG. "Mark Gerhard's Answers". 6 August 2009. Developers' Blogs. *
- ^ Mod Kat. Keep Friends Lists Private. RuneScape Forums > Recent Updates pp. 2. Jagex Games Studio. 2009-10-26. (Archived from the original on 2009-10-27.) “I can't comment much on the Adventurer's Log at the moment, but I can confirm that it is not possible to see anyone else's Friends List. As some of you have suspected, the website feature was launched quietly to make sure it was running properly. I can't give you an estimate on when it will be relaunched, but rest assured we want to make sure it's as useful as possible for all of you.”*
- ^ Mod Seb. RuneScape Forums > Recent Updates. Jagex Games Studio. (Archived from the original on 2009-10-27.) “As a lot of you have already noticed, we've launched a (slightly hidden) preview of the new Adventurer's Log system. It isn't currently linked to as we are still performance testing it - our players make very good guinea pigs! So, in case you haven't found it, here's an official link to it for you to peruse at your leisure: http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/”*
- ^ RuneScape news - Website updates - Adventurer's Log
- ^ Ameobea10. Adventurer's Log. Jagex Games Studio. (Archived from the original on 2009-10-27.) “This player does not have an Adventurer's Log, as this is a members-only feature.”*